|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
This position is responsible for day-to-day supervision of Facilities Engineering technicians and the timely execution of Facilities Engineering services and processes that support the core business at TMC, TCVS Elkton facilities. Coordination and scheduling of day-to-day facilities activities to ensure department projects achieve cost efficiency, quality, and schedule requirements. Coordinates preventive and corrective maintenance programs to achieve daily manufacturing goals. Oversees allocation of internal and external resources to complete critical maintenance tasks during plant shutdowns. Operates facilities in accordance and compliance with the state and federal regulations.
- Associate is responsible to follow TMC Quality system requirements, including but not limited to, providing guidance and training of associates in Quality system regulations, and understanding of all Quality system processes.
- Deliver preventative maintenance techniques and equipment repair processes to meet customer service expectations.
- Manage and develop less experienced team members. Establish priority for work assignments and oversee daily schedules of personnel. Resolve work issues and conflicts and communicate information to Facilities Engineering personnel.
- Co-develop KPI's and SLA's with senior Facilities leadership, driving realistic task/project completion to appropriately support the needs of the operation. Manage Maximo work orders to due dates and assign new service requests to provide timely and effective response to internal customers.
- Conduct routine performance management sessions including coaching and feedback to facilities technicians to improve performance.
- Keep the Facilities Engineering Manager informed of important equipment repairs that present risk or delays that may impact Manufacturing.
- Ensure all Environmental Health and Safety processes are followed for Facilities Engineering. Ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, federal and related international regulations applicable to facility related requirements. Ensure compliance with OSHA and all pertinent environmental protection laws. Comply with pertinent building construction and life safety codes.
- Participate in project team meetings, on behalf of the job unit providing ideas, methods, or processes for unit/company performance improvement.
- Oversee training assignments to maintain Facilities Engineering technician qualifications in Quality System.
- Perform other facilities-related activities at the request of Director of Global Facilities.
- Perform other job-related duties assigned by the Facilities Engineering Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
o Ability to supervise facility engineering functions at multiple locations.
o Ability to interface with multiple levels of Management and Staff.
o Demonstrated knowledge of the basic design and engineering of mechanical systems (i.e. HVAC, electrical, building construction, fire protection, AGV and ASRS, etc.), in a technologically advanced setting.
o Project management experience with demonstrated results.
o Budget and Supervisory experience.
o Typically requires 10+ years of building and Facilities Engineering maintenance experience, preferably within a regulated environment, with at least 2 years of prior people management/development experience.
o Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance to include OSHA & EPA requirements and ISO standards.
Terumo is an equal opportunity employer.