|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Trades & Services
Prairie Wind Farm is seeking collaborative and results-driven Farm Unit Manager to be responsible for managing personnel, land, capital, machinery, water and all other resources to produce high quality and high yielding crops and to maximize profits on the assigned farm unit This role will be the go-to technical expert on all areas of this unit, as well as a leader who inspires and motivates others to perform with the highest integrity and level of performance.
_Prairie Wind Farm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Qualified applicants must be legally and lawfully authorized to be employed and work in the United States without current or future visa sponsorship - Prairie Wind Farm is not sponsoring visas at this time._
* Manage, motivate, implement, and train personnel on all policy, procedures, and safety in the performance of operations and tasks, per company standards.
* Select and train field mechanics, utility techs, operators, and other full-time, seasonal, and temporary employees required to support the unit. Supervision extends to also include Manager Trainees, large planting and harvest crews, truck drivers and vine pullers, equipment operators, irrigators, and interns.
* Direct activities on a farm unit to produce, harvest, and store crops, to achieve the greatest profitability per acre while improving the resource base.
* Research and recommend major equipment, chemical, and input purchases. Make minor operational input purchases for the unit based on good judgment.
* Ensure timeliness of all cultural practices on the unit, including land preparations, seedbed preparation, planting, cultivating, chemical and fertilizer application, irrigation, and harvesting.
* Accountable for legal and safe application and documentation of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
* Assist Area Manager in developing capital and operating plans and budgets for the unit and ensures adherence to those plans.
* Support other division-supporting and farm-related tasks and projects.
* Champion a best-in-class safety program by promoting consistent safety training attendance, compliance with all OSHA and company/industry policies, as well as encouraging the use of PPE and adherence to all other EHS programs.
* Bachelors degree in Agronomy or related field or noted equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 2 years farm production experience, in addition to relevant supervisory experience managing a high-performing team.
* Proficient computer skills: ability to learn new systems/technology including Microsoft tools and proprietary programs.
* Chemical applicators license required.
* Must have a valid, in-state drivers license.
* Strong demonstrated interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, written and verbal. Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
* Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job which includes lifting and carrying repetitively up to 50lbs. This job will occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places, and/or risk of electrical shock; frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals; and regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level is often loud. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per applicable laws and regulations will be supplied.
* Must be able to accommodate the regular farm schedule of 55-75 hours per week, in addition to working nights and weekends, per business needs.
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* On call
* Weekend availability
* Bonus pay