|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
About Carlton Scale:
At Carlton Scale, we know what it means to serve. We have built a reputation serving our customers, associates, and our communities for over 85 years. We are driven by our core values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment, and Excellence and it is through this focus that we serve with a "Weigh Better" mentality.
With (9) territories located across (4) states, and with our own in-house Automation business, Carlton Scale has a strong presence across the Mid-Atlantic region. At this time, we are looking to expand our sales team presence and are hiring a Field Sales Representative for our Richmond, VA territory.
The position of Field Sales Representative will include the following key priorities:
· Identify opportunities at existing and potential new customers within defined geographical area to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share.
· Generate, qualify and manage all sales leads, prospects and new customer accounts to meet/exceed agreed team and individual sales objectives.
· Develop sales strategies and goals for Target Account acquisition and business
· Manage designated sales leads, prospects and customer accounts in a manner incumbent with agreed business objectives. Follow-up all sales opportunities (Direct and indirect) on a timely basis. Capture and document all pertinent information in NetSuite (CRM).
· Manage Key Account relationships as well as Target Account relationships. Project Management for custom solutions/capital projects required
· Work closely with Carlton Scale Operations and Custom Automation teams to ensure the best solution for the customer.
· Maintain and report sales forecasts, potential sales, customer feedback and activity plan and other reports, as required.
· Continuously support the development of strong relationship with key customers. Build and maintain strong relationship with key decision makers.
Field Sales Representative Experience, Education, and Skill Requirements
· Alignment with our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Excellence
· 5 to 7 years of sales experience in an industrial field; sales experience with OEMs, VARs, integrators, and third-party engineering houses, preferred
· Four-year degree (BA, BS) preferred; or a combination of technical school and/or trade school courses w/ additional industry experience
· Outgoing, personable, and adaptable
· Someone who is comfortable and experienced disrupting existing territories and competition
· Excellent relationship-building skills to create trust with customers and key accounts and make measurable progress through the sales pipeline
· Other key behaviors:
· Self-motivated, driven, competitive, focused on the relentless pursuit of serving, persistent, problem solver, networking, ability to communicate at all levels, team player, attention to detail, organized, inquisitive and an active learner, continuous improvement mindset, and optimistic
· Led accounts and maintained relationships with targeted account buyers and influencers
· Proven sales experience in a related field that demonstrates your knowledge and command of a variety of sales processes and cycles
· CRM experience to gain actionable insights that drive selling strategies is preferred (NetSuite, a plus)
· Experienced w/ Virtual Sales tools and methodology:
· Microsoft Teams or other web-based presentation platform
· Virtual product/application demo's
· Online prospecting/Target Account identification