|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading CNC systems, robotics, motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. FANUC America is currently searching for a Field Service Engineer in the Houston, Texas area to join our team.
Reporting to our Houston, TX office you will provide support to customers primarily in TX, OK, KS, LA, AR, CO, and NM with on-site repair, troubleshooting and /or maintenance services for CNC's and related system peripheral equipment.
As an incoming associate engineer you will learn our products, services, and what makes our customer service #1. Comprehensive on-the-job training and support, as well as 3 weeks of classroom training in our Chicagoland office is provided.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Traveling to customer sites, with some overnight travel (approximately 8 - 10 nights per month).
* Troubleshooting and repair of CNCs, control motors and drives, industrial lasers and precision machines.
* Providing hands-on technical assistance and customer support.
* Daily reporting to the Service Center Manager to update status and availability.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
* A.S Technology degree or equivalent experience
* BS-EET preferred
* Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
* Familiarity with CNC or PLC is a plus
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Excellent computer skills
* At least 2 years in a technical customer focused/field service position
* Valid driver's license for driving to customer sites; air travel is sometimes required.
* This position requires you to be able to lift up to 75 pounds, repair work in industrial environments that vary from site to site and travel by auto and/or air for at least 6 hours at a time.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement program
* Life Insurance
* Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Wellness Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Benefit Dollars
* Generous Holiday and Vacation program
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis to be considered for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.