|Date Posted||May 1, 2021|
Trades & Services
Position- Field Service Technician
Location- Suite 200 Albany NY
- The position of Field Service Technician - Retail Support Services (RSS) performs advanced troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of retail store computer and peripheral equipment at dedicated or multiple client locations.
- The candidate works on assignments of a diverse scope where analysis of data and hardware requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The candidate exercises judgment within the generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and acts as a liaison between customers, departments, and within the organization to lead problem resolution.
Essential duties for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide hardware and software technical support related to retail store POS computers and peripherals equipment including registers, printers, scanners, displays, PIN Pads
- Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of POS system equipment; serve as customer contact on technical service related to POS problems.
- Investigate POS system problems and provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment.
- Perform repair work on POS equipment, including cleaning, repairing, maintaining, and disposal activities.
- Perform remedial maintenance within manufacturers' specifications and warranties
- Replace defective parts and/or equipment on retail equipment with certified parts or equipment or functional equivalent.
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback regarding customer requirements which shall include supervising assignments and maintaining timely communication with sales, operations, and branch office personnel.
- Utilize problem management database and systems to track and report on customer calls and requests.
- Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical team and customers.
- Conduct and manage business in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures including:
- Maintaining a high standard of business and ethical conduct with our customers, vendors, and employees
- Following workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to travel from customer location to location throughout the day; this is not a position based at one site and will require reliable transportation to visit multiple customer locations throughout the day
- Retail support services as required.
- provided by Dice