|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Trades & Services
As a Field Service Technician, you are the face of our company. You will be responsible for the direct management of all aspects of total customer service and care with our clients. You will work independently to troubleshoot and repair a variety of high speed cash-handling equipment; tracking and management of parts/tools; and staying abreast of changes in technical and functional elements of company equipment.
While some computer knowledge is required, this position is focused electro-mechanical repair. The ideal candidate may possess some PC knowledge. However, this position is not intended for IT or help desk professionals.
- You enjoy interacting with people and providing good customer service.
- You consider yourself mechanically inclined and a fast learner.
- You have great communication skills and can effectively convey information.
- You are conscientious. You take the time to insure that your work is done right.
- You enjoy working with minimal supervision. You are confident in your ability to prioritize and make critical decisions.
- You are driven and motivated to make a meaningful impact in your role.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Diagnose system problems and make repairs
- Keep customer apprised of progress during maintenance or a down system situation
- Document system problems and preventative maintenance in customer site log
- Gather and record machine information to monitor performance
- Complete machine installations, Engineering Change Notices that affect system upgrades, and Hardware /Software upgrades that may require technical assistance
- Make recommendations for improving the service, reliability, and performance of our equipment
- Escalate difficult technical problems by seeking timely advice or assistance from technical support
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules and implement according to company specifications
- Any other job responsibilities as assigned within scope of position
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service and communication skill
- Working knowledge of personal computers especially Microsoft Office, navigation across network sites and email communication
- Logical trouble shooting skills and capability to isolate problems at PCB or component level
- Ability to effectively work with electric schematics, logic diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Understanding of AC/DC power distribution and digital/analog circuitry
- Trained in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical machines
- Experience repairing high-speed paper handling machines such as check sorters, mail sorters, currency sorters; ATM's or copier machines experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of technical field service repair experience preferred, i.e. aviation, medical equipment, vending machine repair, and/or military repair experience
- Hold a Valid Driver's License
- A company van is provided and you will drive from your home daily to our customer sites. Therefore, it is critical that you live within a reasonable commute from the assigned territory
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist
- Must be able to work at all of our customer sites as needed including financial institutions, casinos (gaming licensing may be required after the time of hire), truck stops, recreational parks, retail stores etc.
- Ability to work weekends and/or holidays on a rotational basis to accommodate business needs
- Must be available for on call on some weekends and 24/7 if necessary
- Occasional travel outside your assigned territory including air and overnight travel may be necessary
- Ability to accommodate limited accessibility at a job site
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Currently enrolled in or completed professional studies in electro-mechanics, electrical engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Certificates in related fields, i.e. mechanics, electronics, automation, data processing preferred
- provided by Dice