|Date Posted||May 1, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Trades & Services
Long term Contract with Possibility of Conversion!
Apex Systems is seeking a number of Installation Technicians to join the team of one of our large Security Services Clients!
It is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area. However, you will be only be going into the office 1-2 times per week to collect inventory as you will go straight to the customers site from your home.
If interested please send your resume to
The Installer is responsible for installing, testing, repairing, and servicing low voltage electrical and electromechanical equipment primarily for security alarm systems in customer's premises and signal receiving centers.
Duties and Responsibilities of Residential Installer
- Installs, dismantles, and reconstructs low voltage electrical equipment required by customer or company order.
- Makes connections and required adjustments as directed; test operation of all components of each system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Evaluates information furnished for the job, delivered materials, layout of customer's premises and practical routes for cable, conduit and/or wiring.
- Promptly reports defective material or equipment, inaccuracies or omissions in job information that may result in inadequate protection for customer use.
- Safeguards against loss of unused materials, ladders, and tools on a job site or office location.
- Cleans up debris from installation, patches drill holes, and returns unused materials.
- Basic Electrical and Mechanical knowledge
- Willingness to learn
- Customer Service
Education/Work Experience Required:
- High School degree or equivalent mandatory.
- Electronic Trade School training desired
- 1-2 years maintenance/installation or similar experience desired
Valid driver's license.
***MUST be willing to use your own reliable vehicle that can hold a 6 foot ladder
- Weekly pay and optional health benefits
- Client provides certification training/preparation, as well as working exposure to develop your technical/IT skills
- FREE access to the Apex Systems training database for additional ad hoc training to further your career
- Mileage reimbursement up to 600 miles per month
- Cell phone reimbursement
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice