|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Specialized Desanders USA Inc. is recruiting a Full-Time Position: Desander Technician
SDI USA provides well Desanding as its exclusive service. Sand-producing wells that are not equipped with a multiphase sand separator are subject to erosion, which can quickly present a dangerous situation. Our control and measurement equipment protects our clients from blowouts, uncontrolled flows, equipment erosion, pollution and plugging of valves. Our goal is to help our clients have the proper equipment in place to get the job done as safely and efficiently as possible.
Job Purpose: The Desander Technician provides on-site equipment service, field operations support, and customer training/guidance with respect to day-to-day Desander operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership of all field service operations including:
- Product movement to and from client locations
- Equipment installations, relocations, recoveries.
- On-site consultation during equipment spotting, rig-up, and job start-up.
- Desander maintenance, inspection, and operations quality assurance.
- On-site training of clients and client representatives.
- Electronics/communications setup/troubleshooting/maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring the procurement of resources, parts, and equipment to enable efficient and effective field operations within all applicable HSE policies and procedures.
- Communicate relevant client/market information to Supervisor and US Operations Manager for the benefit of retained and expanded business opportunities.
- Responsible for completing and ensuring the correctness of field service tickets and obtaining client representative signatures for all installations, relocations, recoveries, etc.
- Demonstrate a high level of teamwork by keeping an open-communication policy and by participating as directed in internal/external meetings to stay informed of SDI USA and customer business drivers.
- Maintain required core safety certificates, adhere to all SDI USA and Client HSE policies & procedures, and demonstrate on-site safety leadership through pre-job safety/hazard analysis, safe-work practices. and stop-work authority for all functions performed.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Instrumentation accreditation or experience would be a plus
- Minimum 2 years' experience directly working in the oil & gas field
- Customer service focus and attitude. Proactive thinking, initiative, and self-confidence.
- Strong crisis management and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with advanced computer skills (MS Office products)
- This position is based out of Midland, TX and is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and provide a current driving record.
- Ability/willingness to work and/or be on-call during off-hours and on weekends as necessary.
- The ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds
SDI USA Inc. requires candidates be legally authorized to work in the United States and will provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by law.