|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Teufel Landscape has proudly been providing quality environmental solutions since 1890, when Gustav Teufel began a small gardening business out of his home in the West Hills of Portland, Oregon, shortly after arriving in the Pacific Northwest from his native Germany. Since that humble beginning in a greenhouse next to his home, five generations of the Teufel family has nurtured and added to the legacy of love for the land and growing beautiful plants. Today, Teufel Landscape remains a local, family-owned business passionately committed to continuing the family tradition of excellence and superior quality set by their forefathers over more than one hundred years ago. Teufel prides itself on high-quality work, delivering each project with technical environmental solutions at the forefront of landscape design.
Landscape Construction Foreman for our Oregon (State) Division. The Landscape Construction Foreman is critical to each project's success. This position acts as a Site Lead and has a blended role with leadership, management and organization of work schedules and assigned duties.
Supervision of overall construction jobs both onsite and offsite. Manage crews ranging in size from 2-20, Communicate effectively with both employees and onsite contacts, operate various types of landscape equipment, read blue prints & specifications and understand labor & material budgeting processes. Work is preformed on grade and up on high-rise roof top buildings. Responsible for enforcing appropriate safety practices at all times.
This position is highly respected and rewarded for strong leadership and a collaborative teamwork approach
- Execute professional time-management ensuring that projects are completed with the projected budget and timeline.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers, vendors or personnel, daily job-site activities, materials and/or equipment deliveries, and work schedules.
- Conduct daily job-site safety, tools and equipment inspections. Conduct weekly Tailgate Safety Meetings.
- Foreman oversees, supervises and manages the landscape construction labor crews, in the field, on a direct and hands on basis. Foreman reports directly to the Project Manager.
- 3 years experience in Landscape Construction, preferably in commercial landscapes.
- Experience installing Pedestal Pavers on high-rise buildings a plus!
- 2-3 years operating heavy equipment, such as Mini-Excavator, Bobcat, Skid-Steer, Loader, etc..
- Spanish Language skills are a plus!
- Maintain a valid Driver''s License and driving record insurable by the company's identified insurance provider.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30
- Health & Dental Plans Offered
- PTO - Personal Time Off
- Company Vehicle
- Company Mobile phone
Teufel Landscape is a drug-free workplace.
Powered by JazzHR