|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Incorporated in 1985, Fountainhead Development, Inc., (FDI), specializes in property management and is the largest privately owned hotelier in Alaska. FDI owns and operates Sophie Station Suites, Wedgewood Resort and the Bear Lodge. Each of these properties offers guest accommodations, fine dining establishments and a variety of guest services. Our commercial properties include holdings in excess of 540,000 square feet of rental space, which we manage, lease and maintain. This diversified corporation is also involved in the construction industry with a year round operation developing commercial properties.
Fountainhead Development, Inc. owns and operates the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, a collection that features over 84 American made antique automobiles and showcases the interesting heritage of the automobile during Alaska's post-Gold Rush era. Several autos are the only models of their marques known to remain.
In addition, FDI has a Wildlife Sanctuary at Wedgewood, which is a peaceful, 75-acre reserve that is home to an impressive variety of interior Alaska's wildlife. The sanctuary, a model wetlands restoration project, offers nature trails and observation decks.
Our goal at Fountainhead Development, Inc. is to ensure that guests and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence in service, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Position Summary: Accommodate hotel guests by providing exceptional guest service and information upon arrival, during occupancy, and upon departure from the hotel.
- Greet and welcome guests
- Assign guest rooms and issue room keys
- Check guests in and out of rooms
- Update and maintain accuracy of data in hotel operating system
- Manage cash drawer and handle cash, checks and credit card payments
- Make and confirm reservations via telephone and in person
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, activities, etc.
- Arrange transportation
- Answer and route incoming calls on phone system
- Collect and distribute messages for guests
- Communicate with other hotel departments and shifts as need to meet guest's needs and maintain smooth operation of hotel functions
- Balance revenue at the end of the shift
- Secure guest's valuables in the hotel safe
- All other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- 6 months previous customer service experience required (hotel/hospitality specific preferred)
- Previous computer experience preferred
- Previous cash handling experience, to include balancing cash drawer preferred
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as data entry, managing documents and records, and other office procedures and technology
- Strong conversational English language skills; ability to speak clearly and understand what is being said by others
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to include effectively conveying information to others, and giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, sitting, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, standing for long periods of time, and climbing and descending stairs; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information; to see and hear within a reasonable range for an office/hotel environment with or without correction.
- Service Orientation - actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others - being sensitive to others' needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Tolerance - accepting criticism, and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation - being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity - being honest and ethical
- Confidentiality - maintaining strict privacy of information, documents, etc.
LOCATION: Wedgewood Resort
WAGE: A/B Shift = $13.00 per hour to start; C Shift = $13.50 per hour to start
SHIFT: Various Shifts
HOURS: • A Shift = 6:00 am to 2:30 pm• B Shift = 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm• C Shift= 10:00pm to 6:30am
UNIFORM: • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided shirt
D&A STATEMENT: Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
EOE STATEMENT: Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
UNIFORM-NOT USED: None Specified