|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Technology Services Group (TSG) is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation
Our TSG Engineering teams are focused on providing stable, scalable, and robust infrastructure for the firm while leading the strategy of our integrated engineering solutions.
As a Global Head of Infrastructure Compute and Storage Engineering, you have proven experience within a fast-paced business and IT environment preferably in the financial sector. You are able to bring collaboration and creativity to solving infrastructure and security challenges with business needs and responsible TCO in mind.
You will be a technology leader who will be a player/coach and set a clear vision, strategy and execution plan for the company's foundational infrastructure. You will lead multiple teams, which include but is not limited to Storage Engineering, Compute Engineering, Virtualization Engineering, Platform Certification and Service Reliability in a hybrid environment. This leadership role will work across all of IT as well with our business stakeholders.
- Strategic Planning
- Manage the Platform Engineering team's operational and strategic planning to achieve business outcomes through proper planning, collaboration, negotiation, and execution, with internal and external partners and stakeholder
- Drive the strategy to evolve and modernize existing tools and processes to enable optimal operations and cost models
- Responsible for securing and coordinating cross-functional resources to execute on complex or high-visibility initiatives
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective IT Operations' solutions for all aspects of the organization
- Benchmark, analyze, report, and provide recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure
- Partner with appropriate application, security and other teams to support he core infrastructure services
- Vendor and SLA Management
- Effectively manage relationships with vendors, outsourcers, and consultants-including contracts, service agreements, and escalations
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award
- Troubleshoot and analyze performance issues and customer reported incidents as appropriate, with a continuous improvement mindset and process
- Efficient Operations:
- Plan, coordinate, direct, and design solutions to support all operational activities of the IT Infrastructure team, as well as provide direction and support for IT Production Services adoption of solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations
- Design, develop, deploy, and collaborate to run operations of Platform Engineering services that you lead
- Review performance of deployed IT solution to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements
- Partner with Production Services to support planning and deployment of patches and other security/risk requirements
- Leadership Responsibilities:
- Foster and build a high performing team of IT system engineer and manage service provider resources
- Develop and review budgets and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives
- Responsible for the interaction with related stakeholder to ensure alignment with organizational goals and risk reduction.
Oversees the Infrastructure Engineering function and is responsible for developing and directing execution of strategy for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Leads systems management and integration functions. Owns strategic responsibility to ensure appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place to meet client needs. Directs strategy for implementing and integrating middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization.. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and leads the implementation of changes and improvements.. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Operations objectives. Manages Infrastructure Support function through group managers. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Support. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and leads the implementation of changes and improvements. Provides senior-level consulting in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a senior-level resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Manages multiple complex development projects consistent with long-term IT Plans. Coordinates activities with other IT unit heads. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Support. Leads recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Responsible for relationships with vendors and executive stakeholders. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 15-20+ years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 15-20+ years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- 10+ years' experience in leadership in a global IT environment
- 8+ years' experience in hands-on and/or direct management in the following technical areas:
- Proven technical experience in enterprise infrastructure technologies including systems, operating systems, data and information security, networking, data storage systems, Microsoft technologies, and emerging trends in the industry • In-depth experience with Cloud services: Amazon Web Services/MS Azure/Google Cloud Platform solutions, architecture, related technologies, and their interdependencies
- Proven experience with simplification, standardization and automation skills
- Demonstrated experience in communication with all levels within a company including executive leadership, both verbally and written
- Proven experience in growing and developing technical teams
- Experience managing security infrastructure compliance and risk management • Agile project framework knowledge/experience
- Ability to influence outside of immediate team
- IT service availability and uptime experience/knowledge along with understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 96154
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725