|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Operates heavy equipment such as motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, backhoe, rollers, scrapers and tractors. Equipment is used to excavate, load or move dirt, gravel or other materials. Operators may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans. May grease, adjust and make emergency repairs to equipment. May be required to operate cranes. Perform other duties as assigned.
Acceptance Requirements: (Job Related experience, education, training skills, knowledge and abilities)
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of five (5) year's work experience operating heavy equipment
* Must possess and maintain valid Class A, California Driver's License. Endorsements a plus, Current DMV printout required.
* Will be required to pass NCC schooling and performance test for cranes.
* Must have Crane experience, minimum of one year with proof of knowledge.
* Able to perform tasks without supervision
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings, blueprints and diagrams.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Employer will enroll employee into DMV Pull Notice program.
* Must be able to read, write, understand basic English
* Working conditions may be both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures, noise, and inclement weather conditions and other conditions determined by the nature of the job. Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft surfaces, cement structures and surfaces at variable heights.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs., squat, bend, stoop and kneel for short periods.
* Must wear steel toed safety shoes.
* Required to join the Union within 90 days of non-temporary employment or transfer.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.