|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
The Banquet Manager plans and oversees food, beverage, and entertainment in all event spaces. This position also requires lifting and moving of banquet equipment such as chairs and tables.
· Must be able to read and understand banquet event orders to prepare a meeting space to the specific needs of each group function.
· Move tables, chairs and audio visual equipment in and out of meeting rooms.
· Set-up and attend certain events with a positive attitude to ensure each group function runs smoothly.
· Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude at all times.
· Work with Tim Love Catering to ensure our quality standards are met for all events.
· Clean tables, chairs and carpets in function space.
· Maintain, organize and inventory banquet equipment.
· Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. regularly. Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 100
lbs occasionally with assistance. Follow proper moving and lifting procedures. Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands handle or feel; talk and hear.
· Wear uniform, including nametag at all times.
· Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints.
· To deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional, friendly, courteous and professional guest service at all times.
· Promote teamwork and associate morale.
· To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
· Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
· To comply with local legislation as required.
· Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
· Practice energy conservation at all times.
· To be flexible in your job function and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you, including redeployment to other departments/areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
· To treat all operating equipment and supplies carefully to minimize damage and reduce waste.
· To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
· To read the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
· A minimum of three years (3) in hospitality sectors, or equivalent combination of education and experience, sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
· A minimum of two years of Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, or IHG branded supervisor level experience. Proficiency in Fosse and Micros POS systems preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to understand and carry out industry specific written and oral direction. Positive, innovative approach to problem solving. Presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner; negotiate, persuade, and modify opinion in order to reach the goals/objectives of the organization.
· Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, guests, top management, and client groups.
· Ability to work in a chaotic, multitasking environment and still be able to remain organized, execute in an efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, and provide attention to detail, and follow-through.
· Ability to exercise judgment and discretion is critical to success. Must be professional at setting priorities and coping with competing demands.
· Excellent time-management and general organization skills.
· High level of integrity and ethics.
· Health Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Disability Insurance