|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
Trades & Services
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc., daily as instructed.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.)
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from corners/edges, baseboards and surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions and scraper.
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators; behind fire doors.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
- Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures.
- Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
- Job duties as assigned
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Knock before entering a resident's room.
- Honor the residents' personal and property rights.
- Inform resident when it is necessary to move his/her personal possessions during cleaning procedures.
Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
None required. On-the-job training provided.
Powered by JazzHR