|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Incorporated in 1985, Fountainhead Development, Inc., (FDI), specializes in property management and is the largest privately owned hotelier in Alaska. FDI owns and operates Sophie Station Suites, Wedgewood Resort and the Bear Lodge. Each of these properties offers guest accommodations, fine dining establishments and a variety of guest services. Our commercial properties include holdings in excess of 540,000 square feet of rental space, which we manage, lease and maintain. This diversified corporation is also involved in the construction industry with a year round operation developing commercial properties.
Fountainhead Development, Inc. owns and operates the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, a collection that features over 84 American made antique automobiles and showcases the interesting heritage of the automobile during Alaska's post-Gold Rush era. Several autos are the only models of their marques known to remain.
In addition, FDI has a Wildlife Sanctuary at Wedgewood, which is a peaceful, 75-acre reserve that is home to an impressive variety of interior Alaska's wildlife. The sanctuary, a model wetlands restoration project, offers nature trails and observation decks.
Our goal at Fountainhead Development, Inc. is to ensure that guests and staff alike enjoy a positive and professional environment with teamwork as the foundation. If you aspire to quality and excellence in service, we look forward to the opportunity to review your application.
Year-round benefited and seasonal positions are available.
Position Summary: Perform any combination of cleaning duties to maintain suite rooms in a clean and orderly manner.
- Transport linens, towels, toiletries and cleaning supplies using a hand tote, wheeled cart and/or duffle bag
- Clean hotel rooms and suites to include bathrooms and kitchens
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport trash and waste to disposal areas
- Remove dirty linens from guest rooms and transport to laundry facilities
- Operate vacuum cleaner
- Use cleaning solutions
- Move furniture individually or with a partner as needed to perform cleaning duties
- Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people, and hotel and guest property
- Report damage, theft, and found articles to management
- Assist Laundry Attendants, Lobby Attendants, Houseman and Entryway Attendants as needed
- All other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service skills and knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, to include assessing needs, meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer satisfaction
- Able to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers and supervisors in a positive, professional and helpful manner
- Able to listen to, understand and follow instructions, giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs., including up and down stairs
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and moving the whole body, to include, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, squatting, stooping, twisting, kneeling, reaching, tugging, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and climbing and descending stairs
- Service Orientation - actively looking for ways to help people
- Concern for Others - being sensitive to others' needs and feelings, and being understanding and helpful
- Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation - being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks
- Integrity - being honest and ethical
LOCATION: Wedgewood Resort
WAGE: $15.00 per hour to start
HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
UNIFORM: • Black slacks• Full, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes with slip resistant soles• Employer provided shirt
D&A STATEMENT: Fountainhead Development, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
EOE STATEMENT: Fountainhead Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
UNIFORM-NOT USED: None Specified