|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Trades & Services
We are now hiring for a HVAC Service Technician to work out of the new Fort Smith location.
Come join the team!
The HVAC Service Technician performs various functions in ensuring the prompt repair and maintenance of heating, air conditioning, and ventilating systems for our customers. In this role, the technician must take pride in their appearance, work well under pressure, be a great communicator and go above beyond to assist them in maintaining a functional system with friendly customer support, dependability and integrity.
- Report to customers' homes on time and arrive with the general knowledge of the work to be done.
- Educate customers on system use, maintenance tips and techniques for damage prevention; provide insight and professional suggestions for optimizing system function. Give advice on additional services that may be beneficial to the customers.
- Perform routine maintenance such as replenishing refrigerants and replacing filters.
- Install thermostats, dehumidifiers or timers, run test to help identify appropriate settings and instruct them on the proper use.
- Utilize several types of tools, including electrical hand-tools, saws, drills and vacuums.
- Determine service requirements by applying technical skills and experience, including system operations and preventive maintenance experience.
- Complete all work processes while maintaining safe working conditions and personal safety.
- Document, in detail, the outcome of every work order.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Possess great mechanical aptitude.
- Strong ability to read and understand technical instructions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of equipment, tools and methods commonly applied in repairing air conditioning and heating equipment.
- Knowledge of principles of operation of air conditioning and heating systems, and safety practices concerning HVAC work.
- Accurate diagnostics ability.
- Excellent ability to explain technical information to clients.
- Computer knowledge and the ability to apply the necessary software tools for HVAC duties, such as time keeping, customer billing and applying credit card payments.
Powered by JazzHR