|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Lake|Flato Architects seeks a forward-thinking, energetic Interior Designer to join our award-winning, sustainable design practice in our office in Austin and San Antonio, Texas.
Ideal candidates will exhibit a commitment to excellence in architectural interiors and furnishings along with demonstrated experience in architectural interiors project workflow. Successful candidates should have 3-6 years of experience working collaboratively with creative teams sharing our focus on vibrant, sustainable architecture. Candidates must be a self-starter who enjoys collaboration with other talented designers and being part of team.
The Intermediate Interior Designer's focus will be on managing, sourcing, and documenting Interior Design scope. This will include, finish selections and specifications, client presentation boards, documentation of all materials with a knowledge of details and specification coordination. All fixture, furniture, and equipment selections along with specifications will be documented and coordinated throughout the design process and well into CA. Knowledge of the procurement process will be required. Projects will range from multiple project types but with a focus on Higher Education, STEM, Studio Arts, & Collaborative/Activity Based Work Environments. Candidates are not required to have extensive experience in these project types, but should showcase a design aptitude with the ability to apply influence to a wide range of user needs in a diverse range of regions and context.
Collaborate with project teams in the selection, coordination, and documentation of interior architectural finishes of regions and context.
- Collaborate with project teams and lead the efforts pertaining to the selection, coordination, documentation, and procurement of fixtures, furniture, and equipment (FF&E).
- Provide design knowledge on interior lighting & environmental graphic integrated design process' with the design team and manage consultants in this area of design.
- Lead in the production of architectural interiors documents including coordination of interior elevations and casework design strategies in coordination with the FF&E package.
- Coordinate FF&E efforts through the design process and manage delivery and install during the CA phase
- Participate in ongoing design discussions on a multitude of projects to contributed to the dialogue pertaining to interior design.
Preferred Qualifications: LEED Accreditation or pursuing LEED Accreditation, WELL Accreditation or pursuing WELL accreditation.