|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Description We are seeking candidates for engineering internships for the summer of 2020. Purpose of Position
Development of college students who are pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering. Intern will be exposed to a variety of pipeline and compressor station projects and activities that will provide an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in college and demonstrate abilities in the workplace. This is a temporary, nonexempt position.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the project director, perform simple to moderately complex engineering project support related to the design, engineering specifications, drawings, materials procurement, construction, contract administration and cost analysis for compressor station related electrical projects.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- College student, junior or higher standing, currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree or graduate program in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering from an accredited university.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices for analysis.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and complete written reports.
- Must possess self-motivation and initiative to recognize, analyze and recommend alternative solutions to problems and issues.
- Proficiency with personal computer and various software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Support the company's employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a post offer drug screen and also a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.