|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Dowbuilt is a construction company that was founded by top Pacific Northwest builders Jim Dow and George Schuchart in 2004, and now our talented teams can be found from coast to coast. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service - all of which require precision and impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Dowbuilt is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees' skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The laborer position is an entry-level role that does not require previous construction experience, however a candidate must commit to being punctual, reliable and willing to perform the less glamorous tasks required. Laborers are an essential part of the build site because they are able to assist everyone from the superintendent to the subcontractors. This position offers an opportunity to learn construction skills in a hands-on environment with a company that promotes and values continual learning.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Demonstrate dependability, hard work and the ability to follow directions
- Foster a positive, solution-oriented attitude onsite
- Show respect for our clients, subs, architects, co-workers, etc.
- Strive to continually learn and develop new skills and techniques
- Think critically to help solve problems
- Work in an organized fashion and be accountable for your work
- Clearly communicate ideas and information; be inquisitive and resourceful
- Be a positive advocate for safety in action and attitude; reinforce awareness to reduce the risk of injury or citations
- Assist in maintaining job site security (i.e. ensure safety of all people, tools, and materials)
- Report to site foreman and/or superintendent
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications And Skills
- Physical requirements:
- Work in all weather conditions
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a dusty environment and on uneven terrain
- Ability to work in tight or high places (ie. scaffolding and crawlspaces)
- Ability to follow direction and perform work as designated
- Know proper use of tools and equipment and possess most basic carpentry tools (i.e. belt with hammer holster, utility knife, 30' measuring tape, cordless drill and bit holder, gloves, hammer)
- Basic understanding of job site organization and construction practices
- Good manners and self awareness
- Some knowledge of safety and health procedures (ongoing safety training provided)
- Reliable transportation is a must
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- US work authorization
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- Education Reimbursement Program
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance for employees
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Why Work with Dowbuilt?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Dowbuilt is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more about our incredible team and amazing projects by visiting: dowbuilt.com