|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
This role is created to lead the development of key new forming processes of aluminum materials from proof-of-concept to implementation at OEMs. For the foreseeable future, this role will focus on hotforming and rollforming.
- Lead the technical development of new forming processes that utilize Novelis materials for implementation at OEMs, by leading the team to address technical barriers to implementation by demonstrating cost-effective solutions that are accepted by OEM technology readiness processes with the correct quality.
- Maintain the open issues and take an active role to make sure the correct projects, trials, and testing takes place to eliminate the open issues
- Create and work to a timeline to bring the technologies to appropriate level of readiness
- Work with the OEM customers to ensure the new processes move to "technology ready" status with customers according to developed plan.
- Interface with the Business Development Director to ensure the technical milestones match with the business case deliverables for the products
- Interface with R&D and CSC design groups to create specific tools available to assist in the development cycle:
- Hot-forming cell in Novelis Novi
- Corrosion testing in R&D test labs
- Modeling capabilities of CSC and R&D teams
- Metallurgical labs in Novi CSC office
- Structural testing facilities at Novelis and outside labs.
- Shares knowledge within the project team, to senior technical staff, and to supervisor
- Understands and is able to communicate customer requirements
- Communicates best practices to fellow team members
- Considers multiple aspects in problem solving (e.g. economic, operating, maintenance, technical)
- Utilizes or requests equipment utilization in a safe operating manner and in compliance with Novelis safety standards.
- Suggests potential EHS-related improvements to existing systems/processes/equipment
- Master's degree in metallurgical or mechanical engineering or engineering technology, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of working knowledge of stamping processes, formability, hot-forming, roll-forming, and development of stamped parts.
- Knowledge of basic automotive part quality requirements and processes.
- Proficiency in office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of CAE modeling methods and requirements