|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Do you have strong (3+years) plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC knowledge? Are you looking for a role that will allow you to utilize these skills while also being part of a company rich in a history of excellence with an exciting future? If so, this may be the perfect fit! At Comuna, we pride ourselves in the Buena Vida "Good Life" approach by taking great care of our properties, residents, and employees. If this philosophy is aligned with who you are, we encourage you to check out this opportunity!
Lead Maintenance Technician
We are seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician to ensure an amazing resident experience at one of our multifamily communities.
What You'll Do…
- Maintain the integrity of all physical structures, meet safety standards and ensure a well-maintained living environment for residents, visitors and staff
- Identify and resolve maintenance issues in a timely manner
- Participate in preventative maintenance to include pool, exterior lighting, filter changes and apartment inspections
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliances, HVAC, etc. in accordance with safety standards
- Respond to resident service and make ready requests in a timely manner with a friendly and positive attitude
- Schedule turn for vacant apartments; inspect vacant and make-ready apartments
- Ensure maintenance upkeep of Fire sprinklers, backflow, panel and alarm compliance including inspections and updated permits
- Clean work area, tools and equipment.
- Participate in an ongoing property maintenance and improvement plan
- Develop strong personal relationships with residents and team
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues
- Must possess general knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service to include three or more years of experience
- HVAC Certification Required
- Pool Certification and experience preferred
- Must have strong plumbing and electrical skills
- Must have reliable means of transportation to/from work
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA, ADA and Fair Housing regulations
- Flexibility work on an on-call basis, including holidays, weekends and nights (with an on-call bonus pay opportunity)
- May use your own tools to perform job as applicable
- Must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities; must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to fifty (50) pounds independently; Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk moderate distances
- Must pass a background check
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Why You Will Love Working With Comuna…
- Purpose driven culture; rewarding work
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401K retirement plan with robust employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Performance Bonus opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We believe that the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees is the driver of our success. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment where every individual feels supported and differences are celebrated. Comuna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to giving every candidate equal consideration regardless of age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic.
We're eager to meet people that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who can do the job, but candidates seeking a long lasting opportunity to make a difference! If you have been searching for a company who takes great pride in their services and mission, click APPLY!
Powered by JazzHR