|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Allegion is seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Yonomi team. We are looking for someone passionate about software and developing creative automated testing solutions for our Internet of Things (IoT) platform. As the first SDET added our team, you will greatly influence our testing strategies, program management, and team development at Yonomi.
What you will do:
Create a range of automated testing frameworks that will ultimately reduce defects, improve quality, and enable the delivery of high-quality software faster
Define strategies for automated end-to-end functional and load testing within the development process
Translate functional requirements and acceptance criteria into automated tests in collaboration with Product Owners and Development Leads
Set up, maintain, and operate test automation pipelines in CircleCI and Azure DevOps
Validate the functionality of our platform and APIs with automated tests using Jest, Cucumber, Selenium, or similar tools
Load test our platform using Artillery, JMeter, or similar tools to validate scalability requirements
What you need to succeed:
Minimum of 7 years of experience in software testing
A curious and hungry attitude in which you like to learn and dive into challenges looking for new or innovative ways to answer questions
A passion for exceptional software development practices (application monitoring, development techniques, testing, TDD, security, tech debt balance, agile methodologies, etc.)
Experience working in an "Agile + DevOps" process management methodology and collaborating with Product Owners and Development Leads
Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and implementing functional tests using Cucumber, Selenium, SpecFlow or similar.
Experience with strictly typed development languages such as C#, Typescript, Java, Dart, etc.
Experience in consuming and testing RESTful and GraphQL APIs
Experience deploying services to Amazon Web Services (AWS) by defining infrastructure as code (IaC)
Experience in the Internet of Things (IoT) industry
Exposure to Chaos Engineering
Experience in mobile application testing
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there's plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, "this is your business, run with it" .
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You're looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You'll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you "be safe, be healthy"
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can "serve others, not yourself"
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching
This range is provided by Allegion. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience
- Base Salary Range: $76,000 - $141,200
As a company that's constantly seeking and discovering new frontiers, we're looking for pioneers. Join us! (can be used for more engineering/tech focused roles)
Boulder CO th St
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we're required to, but because it's the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer