|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
At PKG Contracting, Inc. we are proud of our extensive knowledge in the water and wastewater industry. We have provided water and wastewater solutions for municipalities, rural and regional water systems for over two decades. We are always looking for individuals who wish to grow personally and professionally as members of our winning team.
"Our success has been through the growth of our team. We do more than just teach, train, explain or demonstrate to our team, we empower and inspire them to achieve great things!" - Darin Pfingsten, President.
We are currently looking for a Low-Boy Truck Driver who is willing to take on a variety of routine, yet complex, transportation duties. They will be responsible for safely loading and securing equipment to be moved from various locations including Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, and western North Dakota.
Primary Essential Job Functions
- Check vehicles to ensure all mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Complete walk around inspections and submit daily.
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions by properly securing equipment according to regulations.
- Collect & verify delivery route instructions from appropriate sources.
- Obtain oversize and weight permits.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all applicable federal, state, local, and PKG regulations & laws.
- Maintain driver logs as required by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles promptly.
- Secure cargo for transport or towing using appropriate blocks, chains, binders, or straps.
- Comply with all road signs and operate vehicles within their limits and weather conditions.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of previous experience as a Lowboy Truck Driver.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Class "A" CDL license and clean driving record.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain current DOT medical certificate.
- Ability to work all shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities/fast-paced environments.
- Keen attention to detail, high level of initiative, and work well independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Constant physical effort including standing, stooping, bending, crouching, twisting, pulling, and pushing.
- Frequently working with hand extended overhead.
- Ability to lift frequently 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity to secure cargo utilizing chains and load binding devices on equipment.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in various weather conditions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.