|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
As a Maintenance Electrical Technician - 2nd Shift at VulcanForms, your main objective will be on-demand and preventative maintenance for all Devens, MA equipment. This location is a state-of-the-art additive manufacturing facility. The facility is the world's most productive and advanced metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems. You will work with our hardware, software, and controls engineers to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair controls systems.
You will support uptime, yield, and availability of the printers and all industrial support equipment and assist the engineering team with new projects.
This role is a very hands-on job requiring familiarity with industrial manufacturing systems.
You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team to further improve our AM system design and performance. You will participate in and provide first-hand feedback on system design, integration, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of US electrical safety standards, including NFPA 70 / 70E, NFPA 79, and or IEC 60204-1.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately size and select electrical power distribution components, including wire and cable, commonly found in machine control systems
- Experience with interpreting, modifying, maintaining, and following electrical schematics required to assemble and troubleshoot all electrical and control systems.
- Extensive experience with electrical/electronic troubleshooting techniques, including panel assembly, wiring, termination, crimping, soldering, grounding/bonding techniques, ESD protection, etc. Experience should include analog and digital circuitry up to 50 VDC and power circuitry up to 3-phase 480 VAC.
- Experience with a wide variety of sensors and actuators.
- Experience with wiring, commissioning, and troubleshooting PLC-based control systems (preferably B&R, Beckhoff, Siemens), including control networks and distributed I/O, stepper and servo motion controllers, VFDs, and safety systems.
- Experience using standard test/measurement/diagnostic equipment, including multimeters, current probes, oscilloscopes, and other data collection/logging equipment.
- Experience with precision electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with testing software is a plus.
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and proactive about improving the work environment.
- Associates degree in mechatronics, electrical engineering, electronics, or related technical disciplines