|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Parabel Nutrition has developed a unique way of capturing the goodness of an ancient and well-known food source, the Water Lentil, and turned it into healthy and sustainable products for the 21st century. The company is continuing its rapid growth using patented technologies to refine this elegant plant into unique, highly nutritional and functional food products through a vertically integrated farming and food processing operation at commercial scale. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who has a strong leadership background in Food Manufacturing to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our rapidly growing organization.
The Maintenance Manager will lead an existing team of maintenance technicians to drive the companys Maintenance Organization to world class food manufacturing level, building on its existing experience as we rapidly expand our vertically integrated farming and manufacturing capability. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering low down time performance at high efficiency through planned, predictive, and highly responsive maintenance initiatives such as Total Productive Maintenance programs. The individual will bring with them a high level of passion and relevant experience coupled with an innovative, collaborative approach.
* Establish a Food Plant Mentality in a growing organization. Develop, implement, and train on proper food plant protocols and programs related to the maintenance of all site equipment, utilities, and automation.
* Develop and model a world class culture of an employee safe / food safe maintenance organization.
* Establish a comprehensive set of KPIs for all equipment and guide the entire vertical production operation to reduce technical stoppages with priority given to areas of highest incidence, risk or impact.
* Develop a robust spares and service strategy for all equipment and systems in support of a Zero Loss culture.
* Institute the detailed review of all equipment, lines, processes, and utilities that are essential to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
* Facilitate the evolution/refinement of maintenance activities of equipment to minimize planned and unplanned downtime.
* Maintain all equipment and systems, decreasing unplanned downtime while increasing reliability and availability.
* Ensure all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time, within budget and offer a high-quality workmanship.
* Lead, manage and coach the maintenance team to ensure documentation for equipment history, root cause analysis and trends are completed accurately.
* Evaluate the performance of team members providing continuous and periodic feedback to ensure individual development. Evaluate skills gap of the maintenance team vs the growing needs of the operation and develop training and / or hiring plans to close the gap.
* Collaborate and develop alignment and close partnership with other operational functions including Engineering, Production, Quality, Management, Suppliers, Contractors to ensure internal and external customer needs are met.
* Conduct regular inspections of plant to identify and highlight potential problems and to solicit operator feedback.
* Consolidate and analyze production M&R budgets, to drive valuable and sustainable improvements with the assistance of other functional groups.
* Assure compliance with government regulatory agencies where applicable.
* Support internal and external audits related to product/process improvement and food safety compliance.
* Support special projects and other duties as may be necessary and assigned.
* Assist in the development of annual capital budget for proposed upgrades and maintenance projects.
* Evaluate available software for Work Order tracking and Processing, Total Productive Maintenance for this size of operation and prepare plan to implement and justification of the investment.
* Responsible for Site and Building Security.
* Responsible for maintaining site records related to all Environmental permits, restrictions, and orders.
* Manage all necessary inspections, monitoring and improvement programs related to Environmental compliance.
Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or other related field) required. Previous experience in the food ingredients or beverage industry required
* Prior, hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair experience
* Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of Utilities, Facilities or Production equipment maintenance.
* CMRP (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional) or Direct experience with Maintenance Planning and/or supervision preferred.
* Strong technical and leadership skills.
* Ability to read and interpret Facility and Equipment drawings and cad documents.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Maintenance Planning & Tracking software.
* Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands and prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations.
* Ability to lift, climb adders and work at elevated surfaces.
Parabel USA Inc. (Parabel) is proud to offer its employees an excellent benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, strong 401k employer contributions, free disability, and life insurance. Employees become eligible for healthcare benefits on the 1st of the month following their start date. Parabel contributes 72%-80% of the cost of the employees health insurance premium. The remaining balance is deducted from the employees bi-weekly paycheck. Only full-time employees are eligible to receive benefits.
Parabel also includes Term-Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability at no cost to the employee. Parabel offers a 401(k) Plan. The 401(k) eligibility is available 90 days after the start date as part of the employment benefits package.