|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Enviva is growing fast, and with that growth comes opportunities to advance your career and have an impact on a global scale. As leaders in a developing industry, we take on tough challenges and set and achieve bold goals. Whether you are seeking a role at one of our plants, ports, or corporate offices, you will find opportunities to leverage your skills and reach your full potential.
Enviva is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team located in Faison, NC. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this individual will lead a team of technicians to safely manage all maintenance operations for the site. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical background and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
*Site located in Garysburg, NC*
- Plans, develops, and implements maintenance methods and procedures designed to reduce downtime, supply chain losses, minimize operating costs, and optimize the utilization of technicians, materials and assets.
- Partners with manufacturing teams to deliver production targets and quality objectives.
- Provides technical expertise to increase the number of zero breakdown machines, reduce breakdown re-occurrences, and increase Mean Time between Failure (MTBF).
- Coordinates processes to develop and train maintenance, manufacturing operators, and Team Leaders.
- Supports the 8 TPM pillars with technical resources and coaching to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Coordinates the Effective Maintenance (EM) pillar resources to deliver reliable maintenance processes including: 5S, Visual Factory and spare parts inventories for all new and existing equipment as well as equipment modifications.
- Drives improvements during equipment changes to deliver new procedures, breakdown reduction, root cause analysis, as well as risks and hazards.
- Maintains an integrated maintenance master plan utilizing quantitative information consistent with business goals.
- Provides coordination of support services for machining, welding, electrical and miscellaneous contracted services.
- Implements other support pillars to comply with safety, good housekeeping, quality and related regulatory requirements.
- Willing to work outside, some lifting may be required; heat and dust can be part of the environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or related discipline, with 5+ years' of supervisory experience, delivering reliability improvements in a fast changing manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination or experience/education/certifications.
- Must have experience managing maintenance teams and supporting autonomous manufacturing teams as they deliver continuous improvements.
- Experience with TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillars - Autonomous and Effective Maintenance in a process environment is preferred.
- Must have applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes.
- Must have experience managing P.M. (Preventative Maintenance) practices.
- Proven track record coaching, mentoring, and motivating and managing employees' skills development.
- Demonstrated experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes.
- Experience setting business targets to drive and sustain continuous loss reductions is required.
- Experience with shop floor/information systems (i.e. PC, PLC, and/or Robotics) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Analytical Process Mapping is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn other applications related to the job.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.