|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
REPORTING Maintenance Superintendent
LOCATION San Bernardino, CA
REGION Southern California
Tree Island Steel Ltd. ("Tree Island Steel" or the "Company") is a publicly listed company whose shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSL. Headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, since 1964, Tree Island Steel, through its four operating facilities in Canada and the United States, produces wire products for a diverse range of industrial, residential construction, commercial construction, agricultural, and specialty applications. Its products include bright wire; a broad array of fasteners, including packaged, collated and bulk nails; stucco reinforcing products; concrete reinforcing mesh; fencing and other fabricated wire products. The Company markets these products under the Tree Island, Halsteel, True-Spec, K-Lath, TI-Wire and Tough Strand brand names. Tree Island Steel operates in Canada under Tree Island Industries Ltd and in the United States under Tree Island Wire (USA) Inc.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, replace, install and maintain production and facility equipment. Skills required include, but are not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of various types of equipment and all related items. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production hours, and performs all types of plant maintenance and related work.
- Performs mechanic skills including mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of Collar Nail Equipment.
- Works on machine breakdowns
- Fabricates new machines and performs diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair using new or rebuilt parts
- Makes new parts and reassembles parts
- Reads blueprints and sketches, and must be able to create complicated sketches as guides for new parts
- Operates all machine shop equipment such as lathe, boring mill, drill press, grinder, and welding equipment
- Uses various electric and pneumatic tools
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and observes all Company and safety rules
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Mechanical skills required
- Welding and light industrial electrical skills
- Basic understanding of shop equipment, lathes, mills , grinders
- Forklift and boom certification, a plus
- Self-starter, able to work with little to no supervision
- Must have own tools
- Medium to heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs.
- Be flexible with schedule; Days, Swing or Grave and be able to work overtime as needed
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, preferred
- Overall strength: Medium to heavy work; exerts force and/or carries objects frequently weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Walking/Climbing: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Must be able to work at heights up to 30'
- Standing: 90% of the work day
- Sitting: Seldom, except break or lunch
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Reaching: Frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time) extend the hand and arms in any direction
- Handling: Constantly (2/3 or more of the time), seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hands
- Seeing: Constantly (2/3 or more of the time), obtain impressions through the eyes of the shape, size, distance, motion, color or other characteristics of the objects
Thank you for your interest in Tree Island; candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be short listed.
Please do not contact the employer directly.
Powered by JazzHR