|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Trades & Services
Symbia Logistics is a fast-growing 3rd Party Logistics company. We are seeking a dynamic and driven 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic for our Roanoke Plant. As we expand, the opportunities become endless and exciting for you!
Symbia Logistics is hiring a qualified, motivated and quality Maintenance Mechanic for our Roanoke facility. Come and join our fast-growing company! Phenomenal opportunities for professional development, career growth and monetary advancement.
Maintain and troubleshoot conveyor systems and related electrical and mechanical equipment. Conduct regular inspections to identify faulty equipment, test new machinery before use or installation, keep records of maintenance and activities, train junior technicians and promote safe work practices.
Can you perform these Duties:
- Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment, like metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system, following blueprints & specifications using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments
- Visually inspects and listens to machines equipment to locate causes of malfunctions
- Dismantles machines & equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand/power tools
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems and tests equipment post-repair
- Realigns and adjusts components, like spindles and clutches, using hand tools following diagrams
- Locates damaged air hydraulic pipes on machine, measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipes
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot basic power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers and wiring methods and materials
- Experience in troubleshooting basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, VFD drives, frequency and encoders
- Understanding of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic, components and communications modules
- Repairs broken parts, using brazing, soldering, and welding equipment hand tools. Experience with MIG/ARC welding is needed
- May modify computer-controlled motion of robot, applying knowledge of program commands and using robot controller teach pendant.
- May set up and operate metalworking tools, like lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Shifts may vary, so flexibility is a must.
Are you able to meet these Physical Demands:
- Lift and wheel items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitations
- Ability to work in construction/distribution environments that are noisy, unlit and non-climate controlled
- Must be able to stand and walk in warehouse area for 8-10 hours daily
Do you posses the needed Education and/or Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of On-the-job work experience as a maintenance technician
- Must have a strong knowledge in Electrical Troubleshooting, PLCs, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- HS Diploma and/or Vocational Training in Industrial Mechanics and/or Electrical Program.
- Basic Welding Skills
We offer our Maintenance Technicians the following Benefits:
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance available!
Paid vacation and holiday!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Manufacturing, Industrial, Construction, Logistics, Production
Powered by JazzHR