|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Omaha Housing Authority, a Non-Profit Government Agency based in Omaha, is seeking a skilled Maintenance Repairer responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled building and/or repair services to maintain public housing properties, administrative office sites and upkeep of grounds. Cleaning shops, offices and apartments being prepared for rental. Completes maintenance work orders and submits appropriate paperwork. Participates on the after hours emergency maintenance call schedule.
- Repairs and/or replaces plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, pipes, faucets, wax seals and water heaters.
- Repairs interior electrical systems including replacement of switches, outlets, wall plates, fuses, breakers, etc.
- Repairs and/or replaces doors, windows, locks, floor tile, door and window frames, window screens, shelving, cabinets, counter tops, etc.
- Repairs interior and exterior structural damages (i.e., holes in walls, ceiling, damaged floors, cracked foundation, missing roof shingles, siding, etc.)
- Unplugs plumbing fixtures, interior drains and main sewer line.
- Repairs and performs preventative maintenance to OHA - furnished appliances (ranges and refrigerators) and equipment (furnaces and air conditions). Instruct resident of proper care and use of equipment.
- Sheetrock installation, minor painting and plastering.
- Prepare vacant renovations within the established guidelines and timeframe.
- Responsible for ensuring work orders are completed timely and that the inventory used in competing the work orders is accounted for.
- Complete maintenance items in development sites, high-rise towers and scattered site OHA properties as identified in work orders as required.
- Must be familiar with Uniform Physical Conditions Standards and ensure property is maintained in accordance with those standards.
- Ensure that the property grounds are clean and kept free of debris and litter.
- Landscaping which may include mulching, seeding, and re-sending, fertilizing, weeding, planting, pruning, trimming, and digging of grounds.
- Maintain frequent contact with office daily to obtain additional work order requests. Completes all necessary paperwork associated with work orders and submits to the appropriate office location. Daily contact with residents.
- Maintain vehicle log when OHA vehicle is used.
- Monitor maintenance and repair of the vehicle assigned to zone.
- Refers need for pest control, housekeeping, and other lease violations to supervisor.
- Safety practices must be followed at all times to prevent cuts from sharp metal, burns from soldering and welding, falls from ladders and scaffolds, and damage to hearing from harmful noise.
- Employees must wear work boots and OHA issued uniforms.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Will be required to assist with snow removal and yard work.
- May assist with special projects.
- Will work weekends, evening hours or shift work if needed.
- Will provide training to other staff.
- Will be required to respond to emergency calls 24 hours per day when on call.
- Will be required to provide back up to utility workers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, and be tactful in responding to residents who may be frustrated and demanding.
- Ability to understand oral and written work assignments. Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- High school graduate (or equivalent). Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in at least two of the building trades. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the building trades. Knowledge of occupational hazards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle license and have a good driving record. Must be insurable under the OHA Auto Insurance Policy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consultants, contractors, HUD, local, state, federal officials; ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- The employee routinely works from an upright standing position. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the ability to withstand physical activity including; bending, twisting, climbing, reaching, flexibility, mobility and standing for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Significant exposure to weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow, ice) when working in the development units, high-rise buildings and scattered site housing. Depending on the assigned division, incumbents may encounter angry, obnoxious, and rude individuals.
- Work may be performed from high ladders and/or scaffolding or in confined areas.
- Full benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and AD&D, paid holidays, paid vacation and retirement plan
OHA is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Submit resume to apply.