|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Aurora Mental Health Center is dedicated to helping people Live Life to the Fullest. If you are passionate about our Core Values; Passionate Caring, Rising to the Challenge, Honoring and Respecting all Persons, Believe in Resilience and Putting Client and Community First, we would like to invite you to join our family!
About The Team.
Our Facilities Division is made up of several programs including project and facilities management, purchasing, maintenance, and custodial services that provide daily support to staff and clients. We believe in assisting our employees and clients feel comfortable and productive, by maintain a safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing facility, while being mindful of costs and efficiencies, one room at a time.
About The Role.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervisory work involving the assignment and direct supervision of maintenance employees in ensuring the functionality of buildings, offices, classrooms, fitness centers, furnishings, and equipment as well as building entrances, exterior walkways, landscaping, and all property. The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for training new employees in proper company policy and procedures. The Supervisor will work alongside staff as needed and complete duties as assigned.
8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday- Friday, some weekends required. Travel between facilities will be required.
- Assist in supervising, training, and mentoring the Maintenance staff. Skills such as planning and organizing; strong oral and written communication skills; and the ability to train new employees are required.
- Manage and work alongside team to complete projects such as painting, rejuvenating areas, moves, and others as assigned
- Maintain a quarterly maintenance schedule for technicians and contractors to execute services and routine maintenance
- Maintain repair check lists per building and manage schedules to complete in timely manner
- Manage E-Maintenance tickets to ensure timely completion
- Manage make-ready for offices as they are vacated
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and blueprints
- Ensures that the quality of services meets established guidelines by inspecting the work of personnel and directing corrective measures.
- Assists with ensuring that specified contract services are provided by the contractor by inspecting the work performed. and advising the immediate supervisor when shortcomings or other deficiencies are noted.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all defective equipment including dismantling of machine and installing of new or repaired parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Performs building and facility maintenance as needed, including grounds keeping and snow maintenance.
- Requests quotes for maintenance, repairs, contracted services such as snow removal as needed.
- Promotes a safety-oriented culture.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and thrives in a high pressure environment and must have previous general maintenance and team management experience, be comfortable setting goals and measuring results. The Supervisor will work alongside staff and complete duties as assigned and must excel at building relationships across the organization and is responsible for supervisory work involving the assignment and direct supervision of maintenance employees in ensuring the functionality of buildings, offices, classrooms, fitness centers, furnishings, and equipment as well as building entrances, exterior walkways, landscaping, and all property.
- At least four years of experience in Maintenance, two of which must have been supervisory, which includes knowledge of procedures, equipment and supplies, is required.
- High School Diploma or higher with a minimum of four years related experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older and eligible to work in the US
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must pass a MVR check
- Must be able to drive in inclement weather, including snow, rain, ice, wind
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Excellent detailed organizational skills
- Capable of completing a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Self-starter who takes initiative in starting and completing tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel strongly desired
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to clients, staff, and projects
- Ability to work productively with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent problem solving, communication skills, and positive attitude
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, drywall, millwork, and painting
Compensation, Benefits & Perks.
Salary for this role (based on experience and company equity):
- $25.00 - $27.00 hourly
Additional Compensation Opportunities
- Language Differential Pay (For Bilingual Candidates): 5% of base salary up to $3,000/year.
- Health insurance: Kaiser
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts(dependent care & health care)
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability coverage*
- 403(b) retirement plan which provides 100% vesting immediately, and matching contributions up to 4% after one year of employment
- Paid time-off up to 12 days for full-time first year employees, including 9 Paid Company Holidays, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick days (hours calculated pro-rata basis)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short term disability*
- Quality Supervision for clinical hours towards licensure at no cost to the employee
- Loan Forgiveness
- Continued learning benefit
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aurora Mental Health Center (AuMHC) and subsidiaries are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. We are committed to maintaining an environment that respects the dignity of each individual in our community. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form or context including harassment or exclusion.
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.