|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
We're looking for an operationally-focused individual, who is a high-achiever, energetic, detail-oriented, organized, passionate about hospitality, and an excellent communicator to join our team.
Maintenance Techs at Sonder are responsible for helping to deliver a flawless guest experience. They're detail-oriented individuals who love checklists and are capable of attending to our units at flexible times. Maintenance Technicians are efficient with their time, quick learners and excited to get their hands dirty. This is a great role for someone who enjoys being on their feet versus sitting at a desk all day!
At Sonder You Will
- Complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of guest spaces and rooms, including troubleshooting and light repairs - plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning, structural features
- Complete periodic maintenance of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and other building and room equipment
- Perform handyman repairs to a high level finish in guest rooms and guest spaces. Including furniture, doors, windows and other hardware
- Ensure adherence to all relevant federal and local guidelines for safety and productivity including, OSHA, ADA and other required regulations
- Maintain a clean and organized work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation
- Coordinate, meet and support our 3rd party contractors including painters, wallpaper installers, furniture builders, photographers, housekeepers, and other specialized trades
- Conduct thorough apartment walkthroughs and maintenance checks
- Organize and document project information and updates
- Instruct and supervise contractors as they paint, build furniture, hang art, photograph and clean
- Travel to various buildings/cities as required
- At Sonder, we take a holistic approach to providing our guests the highest level of service and the best possible experience. In your role, you must be willing and able to perform duties related to all aspects of Hospitality Operations at Sonder. This includes leaning-in to assist in resolving guest issues and/or supporting our property onboardings based on market/team needs
What We Look For
- 2 + years of experience working in operations and maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of skilled trades, such as HVAC, electrical or carpentry
- Excellent understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Certifications in operations and maintenance examples. carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing is a plus
- A perfectionist that obsesses over all the details
- Ability to take the initiative and problem solve independently
- Professional demeanor and strong ability to establish positive relationships with others
- Motivated to adopt new and emerging technologies , and comfortable using multiple mobile apps
- Knowledgeable with Google Suite
- Ability to lift/carry items and stand/walk for extended periods of time
- A background in construction, hospitality, or operations a plus
- Must have a flexible schedule and open to working some weekends as business requires
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations).
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive hourly pay with growth opportunities
- Health Insurance for full-time employees
- Stock options for full-time employees; this is an opportunity to be an owner of a rapidly growing tech-hospitality start-up
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- Comprehensive training (learn about every aspect of the hospitality industry)
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun-to-work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.