|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Help at Home is hiring TODAY in your community!
Help at Home is the nation's leading provider of high-quality support services to seniors and people with disabilities. Our clients need us more than ever to continue living independently in their own homes while staying safe from high-risk facilities.
Help at Home leads the home care industry in protecting our clients and caregivers. We provide priority vaccine access, a ready supply of quality PPE, and up-to-date training.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician who can provide maintenance services to our clients in DeKalb, Rockford, Freeport, Moline, and Dixon Illinois. They will assist our clients in their homes with light home maintenance, allowing them to continue participating actively in their communities.
Help at Home strives to be an employer of choice in your community and our employees are the foundation of our work. Eligible staff have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs, along with lucrative bonuses in certain areas.
We offer a variety of in-depth training opportunities in order to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. Help at Home also offers strong career path possibilities for employees who are committed to growing within the organization.
Join us today and become a Help at Home Hero!
A Typical Day For a Maintenance Technician Includes
- Maintaining the interior of the residence in a way that enables clients to continue living actively in their communities.
- Smoke detector and alarm device maintenance
- Fire Extinguisher installation
- Minor Painting
- Changing Light Bulbs
- Changing Furnace Filters
- Drywall repair and painting
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems
- Occasional ADA-compliant bathroom remodels
- Light framing, electrical and plumbing work
- Ensuring that residences maintain community standards by managing or coordinating external maintenance.
- Exterior repairs and painting
- Lawn care and maintenance, including snow removal
- Engaging professionally with clients, staff, family members, and the general public while ensuring a positive environment with healthy communication.
In order to be eligible for this role, you should have:
- A high school degree or GED
- A valid driver's license
- Occasional availability to be On-Call for emergencies
- Demonstrated ability to perform maintenance services safely
- Access to equipment needed to perform job duties including tools and truck/vehicle
- Mobile/cellular equipment with email capabilities
- Professional communication and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to serving our clients and their property with dignity, patience, compassion, and respect
- Recognition of the needs and concerns of others and the ability to build strong client-centered relationships without regard to location, socio-economic environment, medical diagnosis, ethnic origin, or religion
Maintenance Technicians must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off, and bonuses vary by state and location so please ask for complete details at your interview.