|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
4131 Hwy 17 South Bartow Florida 33
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is urgently hiring to fill various roles in support of our Operations at our Bartow, FL facility, including Maintenance Technician.
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic controls as well as hydraulic & pneumatic
- Apply knowledge of National Electrical Codes as needed
- Maintain an incident log of all equipment and structural repairs both weekly and monthly
- Troubleshoot malfunctions on production line equipment and make repairs to faulty equipment
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job.
- Make management aware of any training needs you have.
- Maintain an attitude that unlawful or unethical actions are not acceptable.
- Value the differences each individual brings to the workplace and welcome diversity within our workforce. Support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination.
- Conduct business on behalf of the Company in full compliance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which we operate
- Performs all preventive maintenance work and repairs to equipment.
- Weld metals according to customer or employer requirements
Important Details about the Role
- Knowledgeable with plant equipment
- Knowledgeable with basic testing, troubleshooting, disassembly, inspecting, precise measuring, repair and re-assembly of all plant equipment and components with limited instruction
- Identify and report equipment abnormalities and safety hazards
- Must be company tested and authorized to operate a forklift
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and has no direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- One year of previous experience using industrial lifting equipment, cranes or hoists
- One year of experience with basic troubleshooting pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- The ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic valves and prints
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- High awareness for safety with the ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as with exposure to outdoors
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 30 pounds
- Ability to be company trained and authorized to operate powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms and bridge cranes in arc flash safety, confined space entry, hazardous energy control and fall protection
- Ability to spend 75% of workday standing or walking, 10% bending or kneeling, 10% stooping, and 5% climbing
- Climb and work from ladders, man lifts, bridge cranes, and roofs up to 65 feet
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Work in adverse conditions: wet, hot, dusty, dirty or cold
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Actively pursuing an Associate's or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- The ability to interpret and fabricate components based on basic blueprints or specification sheets
- One year of experience basic welding/fabricating metal structures/components
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .