|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
The Maintenance Technician will independently perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs relating to an assigned portfolio of commercial properties. Represent Highwoods Properties in a professional manner to customers, vendors and the general public. Be a team player and work with co-workers for the good of Highwoods. Participate in and follow the guidelines of the safety program.
* Maintenance Technician will work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor who will coordinate many procedures for the Property Managers and the Director of Asset Management
* Become proficient with the ServiceLink on-line service request system including hand-held application
* Responsible for the overall maintenance of building and building equipment
* Perform routine building inspections according to company policy on both building common areas, customer space and exterior
* Install and repair new and existing plumbing fixtures and accessories
* Install and repair various types of electrical fixtures including lamp and ballast replacement
* Install and repair electrical devices (switches, receptacles, breakers, etc.)
* Log chillers and, in conjunction with the HVAC Technician, perform minor repair of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment, including filter changes and belt replacements
* Monitor water chemical treatment programs for cooling towers and fountains and log readings
* Monitor customer space temperatures and adjust thermostats and control systems when needed.
* Monitor tenant improvement and capital improvement projects, report any discrepancies to Property Manager or Construction Manager
* Assist the HVAC Technician with any building related mechanical maintenance issues when required
* Investigate and monitor repeat customer-related calls and report them to the Property Manager
* Perform minor leak repairs to roof, window, and fountains
* Assist contractors with life safety alarm systems and water-based or dry fire protection systems shut- downs and testing
* Install and repair ceiling tiles, wall coverings, vinyl tile, carpet, cove base, window blinds, signage, etc.
* Be responsible for accurate and timely record keeping and reporting
* Assist in hurricane preparedness and response
* Foster a positive and productive working relationship with each customer in the building to ensure the best customer service experience and overall customer satisfaction.
* Documented training/certification/license in one or more of the following fields:
* Life Safety
* Be available for emergency calls at night, weekends and holidays on a rotating schedule. During your on-call week, you will be required to work Saturday and Sunday with two days off during the week.
* Fundamental knowledge of state and local building codes
* Maintain a current Driver's License
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* English proficiency
* High School diploma or equivalent required, and a minimum of two years of education from one of the following:
* State, county or local governmental agency
* Approved/sanctioned Technical Institution and/or College or University
In one or more of the following fields:
* Building Life Safety Systems
OR equivalent on the job training in one or more of the above listed fields.
* Systems Maintenance Administrator or Systems Maintenance Technician designation through BOMA preferred.
* Three or more years of commercial real estate maintenance experience.
* Three or more years of office and retail construction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme outdoor conditions (cold / hot weather, wind, precipitation). The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Must be comfortable working on the roofs of office buildings and climbing ladders.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; this position is active and requires the employee to stand, walk, balance, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb. The employee must use hands to handle or feel; grasp and reach with hands and arms - must be able to work frequently with arms extended above head. The employee must occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50-pound items. Specific visual acuity required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; and depth perception. Ability to read, understand, and to communicate information and ideas clearly in writing and orally required.