|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Conner Industries supports employee Freedom and Liberty COVID-19 vaccination is encouraged but not required.
IMMEDIATE OPENING! Apply Online or In Person: 12110 Old Stage Road, Chester, VA 23836
Salary Adjustment Available at 30/60/90 Days.
Next Day Pay Program Available.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Available. 8 paid holidays, and Accrued PTO available at 30 days!
Conner Industries, Inc. is a rapidly growing manufacturer and distributor in the industrial lumber, custom wood packaging, and integrated packaging markets. With an outstanding reputation, and over 40 years as an industry leader, we operate 14 manufacturing facilities and currently sit at #2 in the U.S. for market share. Best of all, we are growing!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain plant facility and equipment in a fully-functioning and safe manner.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
* Maintains function and safety of facility equipment by creating and adhering to a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for all equipment, which shall include but not be limited to:
* operating and testing automated lines, systems and equipment;
* restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
* Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
* Schedules forklift maintenance and ensures daily forklift checklists are performed.
* Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
* Must be self-motivated, able to work alone as well as on a team.
* Understand the importance of do what you say.
* May be required to be on call for evenings and weekends.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Able to troubleshoot electronics, pneumatic and mechanical systems and make necessary repairs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Welding, electrical and hydraulics experience required.
* Some carpentry skills preferred.
* Manufacturing experience preferred.
* Technical understanding required.
* Machinery maintenance experience required.
* Able to listen and communicate effectively.
* Must be self-motivated and able to make limited and independent judgments based on given alternatives.
* Able to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Able to interpret an assorted number of tasks or instructions.
* Must be able to work 2nd Shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in an indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and requires the use of hearing protection. The employee is required to wear PPE. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The work environment is structured, and lunches and breaks are regulated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change.
Conner Industries does not disqualify applicants that test positive for THC on the pre-employment drug screen. As permitted by state law, applicants being considered for positions with the following responsibilities: CDL Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sales, Maintenance, Management, and all Corporate positions, must pass a drug and alcohol test, done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics, before beginning work in that position. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification for the desired position. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k)
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 8 Company Paid Holidays
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Training & Development