|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
About the Program:
The Martin Marietta Management Associate Program is an investment in you. It is our way of selecting and developing the very best people and it is your portal to a challenging and rewarding career. When you join our team, you bring to the table your own unique talents along with shared values of excellence and integrity. Together, we can help you realize your potential. Our associates grow to become valuable Company leaders.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Management Associate will enter an 18 to 24-month formal training program to learn the Aggregates business and develop production and leadership skills. Upon successful completion of the program, the individual will be considered for promotion to a production Foreman position, or another relevant position, as the first step in their management career. This is an entry level position.
Location: To Be Determined. We have locations in Ohio, Indiana, Iowa and Nebraska.
- Adheres to and enforces prescribed ethics, safety and environmental measures.
- Uses engineering principles to assist in pit development, plant design, and improving production capacities.
- Operates and maintains equipment throughout the plant including but not limited to crushers, screens, conveyors, and heavy off-road equipment.
- Assists in the blasting process including laying out drill patterns and loading shots.
- Becomes skilled at completing quality control tests.
- Provides a high level of customer service by following established procedures and through personal actions.
- Becomes familiar with the traits of high-performing managers in Martin Marietta.
- Provides leadership and direction for other employees as needed.
- Ensures all activities are performed in accordance with the Company's Mission, Vision, and Values, and in compliance with the Company's policies, procedures, and Code of Ethical Business Conduct
Qualifications and skills:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mining, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management and a valid driver's license.
- Familiarity and knowledge of mining and aggregates industry.
- No prior full-time experience required.
- Individual must possess: the ability to learn technical processes, high-level verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word and Excel) needed.
- Previous industry exposure or experience useful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position that may require long hours and weekend work.
Occasional travel will be required.
Preferred Education and Experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.