|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Role: S&P Global Platts is looking for a Manager, Americas Natural Gas Pricing. The candidate will have managerial responsibility for all price assessment activity carried out in the North American natural gas business. This person will lead a team that produces commentaries, analysis, and price assessments related to their regional coverage of wholesale natural gas markets to help customers make informed trading and risk management decisions.
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12
The Location: Houston, TX
The Team: The Natural Gas Pricing team analyzes trade and activity data and incorporates market knowledge in publishing price assessments used by clients. They also report on spot and forward prices and the factors moving markets. The team is collaborative and engages with the market through various mediums, including commentaries, stories, podcasts, blogs, and videos.
The Impact: You'll manage a team that produces actionable and informative content in the industry leading Gas Daily publication and other Platts products. The benchmark daily and monthly price assessments are vital to our customers in providing price transparency to physical markets and to settle exchange and bilateral contracts. The content will inform customers regarding supply and demand developments, commodity flows, price trends, and infrastructure and regulatory issues.
What's in it for you:
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad base of industry contacts
- Engage with contacts regarding pricing and methodology development
- Build cross-commodity knowledge in LNG, oil, power, and coal markets
- Articulate expertise and thought-leadership through a variety of media
- Day to day responsibility for publication of benchmark natural gas indices according to methodology
- Plays a vital managing role in keeping methodology up to date and advises staff on market issues
- Articulates expertise and thought-leadership through a variety of media including podcasts, webinars, and speaking engagements
- Leads, develops the skills, knowledge, and performance of a team of pricing experts with varying degrees of experience, creating a stimulating and challenging environment
- As subject matter expert, takes a lead role and manages team market engagement related to methodology and initiatives
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to Platts Editorial Standards
What We're Looking For: We are looking for someone who is able to tackle problems and act on opportunities. They should have a track record of delivering against targets and be comfortable with high levels of responsibility and accountability. They should lead by example to create a positive and collaborative work environment.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $171,500. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit .
- Bachelor degree required
- At least 5 years of energy industry experience such as a reporting, writing, or analytical background
- Experience managing small teams
- Understanding of natural gas markets
- Graduate degree
- Physical natural gas market knowledge
- Price assessment experience
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 260447
Posted On: 2021-03-30
Location: Houston, Texas, United States