|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As Vehicle Weight Engineer you will be the main mass control point of contact in Vehicle Engineering, where multiple competing interests exist. Using expertise that spans the full breath of mechanical disciplines, you will drive optimal mass into Lucid vehicles across all product lines.
- Perform benchmarking efforts to understand competitive strategies for weight reduction, recommending approaches to system and component owners.
- Lead team(s) in setting system and vehicle mass targets.
- Perform analysis of mass to meet system and vehicle requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple competing requirements from various engineering groups as well as cost
- Lead physical verification of weight status.
- Collaborate with engineers and mass reduction efforts, using CAD and CAE optimization.
- Promote best practices for use of lightweight materials.
- Support BOM and Change Control release processes, including signing off of weight changes.
- Specify the weight conditions under which regulatory tests will be conducted.
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of Engineering experience with an automotive OEM or supplier. Working knowledge of multiple automotive systems is preferred.
- Conversant with current and forthcoming vehicle architectures and system technologies and the tradeoffs between cost and weight.
- CAD experience (CATIA preferred).
- Demonstrated ability in developing and designing weight solutions. You must be able to work constructively with design engineers to create weight production proposals.
- Understanding of the weight requirements in various regulatory tests.
- Passion for electric vehicles and energy efficiency.
- Motivation, flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with tight timing constraints.
- Proven problem solving and communication skills, excellent numeracy and spatial awareness.
- Desire a candidate who is assertive, self-motivated and can work with minimal direction.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.