|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
Trades & Services
Position: Warehouse Material Handler I Department: Operations
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor FLSA: Non-Exempt
Summary: Warehouse Material Handler I (1) is an entry-level, probationary role to achieve Warehouse Material Handler II within 18 months. The role will provide sales support and customer service by working with the warehouse team in receiving, storage and order fulfillment roles. Support the overall warehouse operations through maintaining level work flow coordination, task competency, performance levels and continuous training. Participate in continuous improvement objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Learn all warehouse standard practices and is responsible to assist manager with enforcement of those practices.
2. Achieve productivity standards to meet operational budgets.
3. Achieve critical operational timing to meet customer and internal needs.
4. Demonstrates ability to comprehend and perform at target level in basic warehouse tasks including but not limited to: receiving, storage and order fulfillment.
5. Exhibits competency of work practices to allow operational flexibility. This includes competency in basic shift-specific tasks as detailed by skills matrix and supervisor requirement.
6. Interface with external contacts professionally to satisfy customers, carriers and contractors.
7. Ensures all OSHA safety regulations, local regulations and company safety rules are observed. Drive safety in work behaviors.
8. Ensures quality through limiting internal damage of product, proper loading and unloading of product to prevent damage at warehouse, route and customer.
9. Demonstrates competency in assigned operational functions of WMS systems. Current systems include VIP and CirrusTech.
10. Ensures proper product rotation and segregation using FIFO methods by leveraging WMS and manual monitoring.
11. Deliver inventory accuracy through proper WMS and manual methods. Meets objectives for net shrink, absolute shrink and location accuracy.
12. Assures a clean workspace leveraging visual management, 5S and warehouse certification.
13. Regularly inspect facility and equipment for operational readiness, escalates or resolves issues as identified.
14. Completes other duties as assigned.
1. Flexibility to perform various roles within a single shift.
3. Basic PC skills to perform tasks in WMS systems.
4. Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
5. Understands company policies, procedures and operations.
6. Completes company training programs.
Education/Experience: Prefer minimum 6 months warehouse operations and high school diploma/GED.
Language Ability: Has ability to communicate with peers and leadership and articulate problems or questions to the appropriate personnel.
Math Ability: Must exhibit comprehension of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Has ability to read and follow directions from standard work instructions. Ability to conceptualize the placement of a certain number of items on rack, pallets or carts. Basic decision making.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Exhibit dependability and self-responsibility to work with adequate supervision. Ability to assess own skill gaps and seek training.
Work Environment: Warehouse environment. Schedule dependent on assigned shift and business objectives. Minimum 40 hours per week on a four or five-day schedule. Early morning, evening or nights may be required. Overtime as required to meet business demands.
Physical Demands: Deals with sudden temperature changes when entering and exiting warehouse refrigerated area. Maintains an acute awareness of moving forklifts and trucks. Requires continuous standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling and lifting/carrying up to 160 lbs. May use back brace.
Prior Roles: None
Peer Roles: None
Target Roles: Warehouse Material Handler II
Pick, Pack, Load, Unload, Sort
**Top Skills Details:**
**Additional Skills & Qualifications:**
1 openings is: 4pm-2am Mon-Thurs (4-10's)
1 openings is: 6pm-4am Mon-Thurs (4-10's)
Fri-Sun is off unless crazy busy they may work a Friday for OT
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.