|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Boston Metal is commercializing cutting edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production by improving metal quality while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This fast-paced startup company is looking for a Materials Systems and Process Engineer to join our growing team.
The role will have primary responsibility for identifying, developing, and implementing technical solutions for materials systems and structures (base or support structures, coatings, claddings, etc.) for the Molten Oxide Electrolysis process. Initial development and testing will be at laboratory-scale, but with scale-up and industrial development and manufacturing activities taking place simultaneously.
Collaboration with R&D, Engineering (full-scale design of industrial components), Supply Chain and external vendors will be required to enable prototyping, scale up, and manufacturing activities.
5+ years in research or engineering experience in a technical environment involving materials and process selection, conceptual and component design, and product development for high temperature processes and oxidative and corrosive environments, in support of R&D and scale-up activities. MS Degree (or PhD) from accredited university or college in one or more of the following areas: Metallurgical or Materials Science and Engineering, or Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with materials or metals emphasis.
Desired Experience & Skills:
· Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of materials and processes for high temperature oxidative and corrosive environments.
· Experience in materials selection, conceptual and component design, and implementation in an industrial environment based on design objectives, manufacturability, and cost.
· Familiarity with metal forming processes (casting, forging, powder metallurgy, welding, plating, coating, cladding, etc.)
· Experience in evaluating materials performance and degradation in laboratory and industrial environments.
· Conduct failure analyses to determine root cause, develop, test, and recommend solutions.
· Familiarity with materials characterization techniques.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid vacations and holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We routinely wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well.
Boston Metal is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, disability, or military status.
Please provide resume AND cover letter if interested.