|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Trades & Services
Overview: Perform preventative maintenance, diagnoses and repairs minor to moderate problems on all vehicle types in the activity fleet. Class B technician's must be proficient and able to perform all aspects of the B Class Maintenance Repair Technician position. ASE certifications are encouraged and preferred. All work performed must be of the highest quality ensuring vehicles are reliable and safe. Work in such a manner that promotes a safe and productive work environment.
Performs preventative maintenance on coaches as needed
- Performs inspections on all types of vehicles and repairs systems/parts when needed
- Uses preventative maintenance check list to verify repairs.
- Repairs and inspections involve the engine, battery, lights, gauges and controls, sensitive edges, safety equipment, all interior components, transmissions, tires, breaks, undercarriage, power steering, fluids and filters and all other electrical and mechanical coach components.
- Completely document all work performed in RTA software.
- When necessary utilize RTA to assist with properly diagnosing vehicle trends.
- Diagnoses and repairs coaches specifically concentrating on minor to moderate problems including engine, transmission, electrical , tires, brakes, undercarriage, power steering, fluids/filters and mechanical defects.
- Utilize repair manuals and parts manuals for aid in making repairs.
- Inspects and verifies problems on coaches using various diagnostic equipment
- Performs both in-house and road call coach repairs using various hand, power, pneumatic, machine (precision) and machinery tools.
- Cleans, repairs, and replaces coach equipment as required.
- Tests coaches for proper working order.
- Assists Class A and C technicians with repair work as required.
- Repairing coaches requires physical dexterity and exertion and heavy lifting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Approximate Percentage of Time for Essential Duties and Major Responsibilities:
Performs preventative maintenance on coaches as needed 70%
Diagnoses and repairs various coach systems concentrating on minor to moderate problems 20%
Support and assist the A Mechanics and keeps work area clean 10%
Purpose and Nature of Work Relationships:
Has moderate contact with others inside the organization; works mainly with Maintenance staff and with Vehicle Operators.
Has moderate contact with others outside the organization.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Three (3) years recent progressive heavy equipment maintenance or four (4) years automotive mechanical experience required.
- Additional training from mechanical/technical schools, courses or seminars desirable
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in diagnostic computer equipment required.
- Must have a basic understanding of the design, adjustment, overhaul operation and maintenance of transmissions, heavy-duty engines and other bus components.
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions and be able to prioritize, be detail oriented and deal with time pressures.
- Must have good communication skills and able to communicate concerns, questions and diagnostic information.
- Must be autonomous and be self-directed.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must be able to take direction and instruction well.
- Must be physically agile and able to lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Basic 2-way radio skills required.
- Basic tools required.
- Must have clean NY State driving record.
- All Class B - Technicians must be qualified and are required to obtain a valid Class B CDL license with passenger and air brake endorsements prior to the expiration of their probationary period of employment. At the company's discretion employees who fail to acquire or maintain a valid Class B CDL license with passenger and air brake endorsements may be terminated.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination including a drug test.
Additional Job Requirement:
Wear uniforms and management approved safety shoes and other personal protective gear as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, as sanctioned by the Department of Transportation, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 20% of the work is performed outdoors.
- Must be able to lift seventy-five (75) pounds.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, legs, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, standing, bending, and handling materials.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to heat/cold conditions.
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check