|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Mechanic - Welder - Freight Car Repair
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan with company match available
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
- Removal, fabrication, fitment and welding of railcar parts, components and structures
- Repair or replace worn mechanical components
- Fabricate, assemble or disassemble manufactured products
- Inspect rails cars and troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Read blueprints, technical drawings, tape measure
- Read and understand work order and record repairs correctly
- Understand service and repair manuals and apply constraints to repairs and modifications being performed
- Use oxy/fuel torch, arc welding equipment and power tools
- Apply decals, stenciling and touch-up painting on railcars
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies
- Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed.
Key Job Elements:
- Non-temperature controlled facility
- Work outside in 0-100 degrees F
- High noise levels (above 85 decibels)
- High levels of dust.
- Prefer High School Education or GED
- Welding experience preferred but not required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Read precision instruments and gauges
- Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools, cutting torches and welding machines
- Work around and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment
- Work from heights over 6"
- Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, rail car floors)
- Constant standing, walking
- Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, climbing ladders
- Frequent work below waist level and above shoulder level
- Push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company , is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
EEO: & Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets
Apply Online Below