|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Position: Mechanical Engineer III, Req#: ABOJP
Location: Abbott Park, IL (100% onsite)
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert in technical aspects of the organization's instrumentation platforms. The position comprises mechanical designing responsibilities within an R&D team by supporting and developing Transfusion testing platforms. They will be responsible for managing the design and integration of robotic equipment inside of instruments. This will require expertise in Solid Works modeling and detailing, leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams in order to obtain successful mechanical designs on medical equipment.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering
* Mechanical Engineer Level III 5 7 years experience in an engineering capacity
* Mechanical Engineer Level IV Minimum 7 years Experience in an Engineering capacity
Must have experience:
* Solidworks is an absolute must;
* Mechanism Design, i.e., motors, automation, machine parts;
* 5 7 years of mid-level experience, must be able to work independently;
* 100% onsite due to the nature of the work.
* Bachelor's degree in Robotics or Mechanical Engineering including strong coursework and/or research experience
* 5 + years of advanced Solidworks experience
* Experience designing molded parts
* Experience in commercial, structural simulation packages such as ANSYS Mechanical, ANSYS Motion, or related software Key Responsibilities:
* Ensure accuracy and completeness of documents for clinical studies
* Design, build and execute testing of robotic components or sub-systems. Document and present test plans to a broader audience.
* Experience with electro-mechanical and optomechanical system designs and can build testbeds to support early and long-term reliability development
* Develop component and assembly specifications, and interface control drawings
* Experience with a multitude of manufacturing processes using metals, plastics, adhesives, silicones
* Lead internal investigations into technical issues and lab instrument issues.
* Leads & supports technical documentation.
* Assists with design for serviceability and supportability of engineering designs
* Provide input into the design of new products and product improvements.
* Has strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and be able to work closely with electrical, firmware, and software engineers as an interdisciplinary team
* Record and communicate experimental results to technical personnel with diverse scientific backgrounds.
* Perform all duties in compliance with appropriate regulations and company policies and responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
* Defines investigative paths for and confirms Complaint Handling investigations to closure.
* Devises root cause hypotheses and confirms instrument issues, discrepancies, problems or complaints in accordance with governing procedures
* Travel accounts for approximately 15% of the job, though this number can significantly increase in times of elevated activity. #LI-FRESH