|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Tire Business names Service Tire Truck Centers as one of the best Tire Companies to work for in the United States in 2019. STTC offers an excellent benefit package, very competitive pay, and a path for employees to grow within the organization and thrive in a customer centric environment.
Independently repair and service commercial vehicles from a mechanical vehicle in and around the local area
• Perform Federal Inspections and general repairs
• Troubleshoot and Repair ABS systems
• Working Daily on dry van trailers
• Perform Preventative maintenance
• Repair and service commercial vehicles from a mechanical vehicle
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as
negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• Must have own tools (tool allowance available)
• Be self-motivated to produce efficient quality repairs
• 1 - 3 years Mechanical Experience
• Valid Class A CDL preferred - valid driver's license required
• Ability to diagnose and repair equipment without supervision
• Willing to work outside year round
• Have a Mechanical background with commercial vehicles
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
• maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of STTC.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing or orally
• Computer skills: Ability to use computer; training will be provided as needed.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Equipment: Capable of operating lift gates, service truck, service tools, air compressors, hydraulic jacks, air guns, air gauges, mounting and balancing machines in the service shop or from a service truck; and computer and office equipment.
• Present a well groomed and professional appearance to STTC customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions; and frequently exposed to hot and cold warehouse conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Problem Solving
• Customer Service
• Oral Communication
• Written Communication
• Organizational Support
• Planning / Organizing
• Safety and Security
• Quality Quantity
• Attendance / Punctuality
Benefits include (but not limited to)
• Top Industry Wages / Competitive pay
• Full health benefit package (includes Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, and more)
• 401K with company match
• Paid Holidays and PTO days