|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Network and Systems Administrator role is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and operation of Harvey | Harvey Cleary's network, servers, desktop, and storage infrastructure. The position will ensure that the network and all related equipment are functional to accommodate system users well as provide support and guidance to users experiencing technical issues relating to computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Monitors, maintains, resolves Level 1/2/3 support tickets, and documents all activities performed in ticket resolution.
- Installs or assists with the installation and set-up of new hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Develops and delivers network layouts and designs and assists the technology and business teams in the planning of future IT software & hardware installations.
- Manage field (job site) network operations across all offices that include 3 or more users, from implementation to tear down.
- Design, implement and maintain WiFi across temporary trailers at job sites and at branch offices using Aruba, Ubiquiti and Meraki WAPs.
- Work with Project Managers and Superintendents to setup site locations with variable timeframes, budgets, and user counts to determine hardware and bandwidth needs to ensure viability.
- Install Cisco ASAs, Fortinet firewalls or Cradlepoint Routers in the field and configure IPSec VPNs.
- Develop and support scripts and tools used for orchestration and automation tasks.
- Coordinates service or replacement of defective products from vendors and manufacturers.
- Evaluates and optimize network and/or other systems' performance.
- Installs, configures, and maintains IPS/IDS, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Antimalware, etc. for maximum internal network protection.
- Identify common and/or repetitive issues and document to allow for cross-training and improved support.
- Maintains Unified Communications, VoIP, and any related equipment, services, and platforms in field and office locations.
- Maintains physical and virtual server hardware and operating systems to ensure reliability of server applications.
- Makes needed upgrades and repairs to networks (on and offsite) and ensures that systems are operating correctly.
- Performs backup and recovery of data and information on all corporate servers/systems, as needed.
- Produces system status, reports, dashboards and key performance indicators that help identify potential issues.
- Provides back-end server support for Windows, including standing up new servers/containers and maintaining existing infrastructure.
- Must be able to effectively communicate recommendations, changes, and/or improvements in the network design and cloud infrastructure to leadership.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Server and Client operating systems, managing Active Directory, including user administration, group policy management, and site architecture.
- Must be able to perform duties accurately and independently.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of technology commonly used by clients and employees.
- Ability to explain technical problems to nontechnical employees.
- Drafts or revises user network diagrams, CMDB's, and technical procedures.
- Has the ability to develop training materials and/or provides onsite training as requested.
Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of Network & System Administration experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to
finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and see, talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, carry, or pull. The employee may be required to climb, bend or squat on occasion. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 20-35 pounds and occasionally lift or pull 35-80 pounds.