|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Trades & Services
Under continuous professional nurse supervision, assists in nursing care and preparation of labor patient by performing routine and delegated duties. Performs scrub duties and related procedures as a part of the sterile team, i.e. donning gown and gloves, creating and maintaining a sterile field, and passing instrumentation to surgeons as necessary during procedures in LDRP.
High school graduate.
Successful completion of Surgical Technician course.
Certification/License: Surgical Technician Certification
Of The Job
- Performs basic patient care procedures as delegated under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform procedures using to proper aseptic technique.
- Demonstrates the knowledge in all equipment and supplies used for procedures done on LDRP.
- Sets and scrubs on all Operative procedures performed in LDRP.
- Assists and anticipates needs of surgeon regarding instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies according to procedure and maintains a correct count. Assists in maintenance and care of specimens as directed by accepted standards. Assists with table equipment, positioning of patient, and the application of dressings. Prepare instruments for processing in central sterile.
- Maintains traffic control through use of proper areas and corridors at all times. Aware of controls to prevent contamination, maintains cleanliness of operating room tables and is responsible for stocking/ maintaining par level (anesthesia carts, machines, epidural cart).
- Serves as a role model and a resource for other staff members on LDRP.
- Participates and contributes to departmental activities/committees.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively respond to the needs of the changing work environment to meet the needs of the patient/unit.
- Accompanies or transports patients to and from other hospital departments as needed.
- Acts as a patient advocate and promotes Patient's Rights.
- Maintains a clean and safe patient environment.
- Maintains employee and patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability by carefully handling and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to Hospital policy concerning Fire and Safety regulations, Infection Control standards, smoking restrictions, telephone usage and other rules governing conduct while at work.
- Attends mandatory education seminars.
- Participates in inservice education and seminars relevant to LDRP procedures.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Performs additional related duties as the need arises.