|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Under supervision from the Director of Program Operations, the Operations Manager supervises Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and Clean Transportation Operations staff, managing daily operations to maximize rebate application processing efficiency and ensure that the team is achieving project objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Manages activities within Distributed Energy Resources and Clean Transportation incentive program teams with responsibility for results including application processing times, costs, methods and staffing. The initial focus will be on the Self Generation Incentive Program's energy storage applications, and the position will supervise a team of 4-12 employees.
· Establishes goals for team members and monitors their progress. Ensures individual and team goals are achieved or exceeded. Meets weekly with each team member to provide regular feedback and consistent communications. Conducts performance appraisals. Creates professional development opportunities.
- Coordinates team scheduling for matrixed team members and supports the distribution of administrative duties across the team.
- Supports initial training and on-boarding of new team members. Works with team members and coordinators when training goals are not met to maintain accountability for performance and troubleshoot issues in the training process.
- Develops expertise in specific program requirements as directed by the Senior Operations Manager, and in close coordination with the Senior Program Manager, such as income verification, system updates, training, and other related program areas. Provides development of guidance, internal procedures and policies related to these focus areas.
- Coordinates with the Principal Engineer and other technical support staff to ensure timely completion of technical reviews for incentive applications and escalation to the Senior Program Manager.
- Collaborates with internal teams in matters related to Operations functions, including Project managers/coordinators, Systems Analysts, Marketing/Education/Outreach, Accounting, and Human Resources.
- Supervises and coaches team regarding customer relations, application troubleshooting, quality assurance/quality control, and all other activities related to consumer incentive application processing.
· Develops and maintains project expertise and understanding of rebate processing systems to guide Operations team members in their work, solve technical problems, maintain efficient work processes, and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Coordinates with the Senior Program Manager to provide oversight and support for escalated cases with unique circumstances to ensure program requirements are met. Directs team decision making in unique cases in which program precedent may be set.
· Provides support and direction for new and emerging programs and program requirements as they arise, such as with legislation changes or new program development, that affects operations and implementation.
· Work with internal and external clients to define scope and capabilities of platform, management of requirements gathering process, testing, creating user stories, streamline execution of project priorities.
· Coordinates with internal teams and external vendors to implement and test system and process updates to meet new program requirements and to improve existing processes.
· Maintains quality control and performance metrics to ensure team members are completing work efficiently and accurately. Supports internal and external project auditing activities to ensure compliance with processes. Ensures data is handled according to program requirements and data security best practices.
· Develops and maintains documentation for all Operations processes and policies. This includes website updates, programmatic updates, updates to standard operating procedures, and regular system changes and reviews based on program requirements.
· Communicates regularly with the Senior Program Manager and Clean Transportation Operations management team to provide status updates, report concerns, and recommend solutions and improvements.
· Takes strategic direction from the Senior Program Manager and Senior Operations Manager and proactively directs the team's efforts based on that direction.
· Complete miscellaneous administrative duties, including time and leave management system for team members
· Provide progressive discipline, coaching, and accountability when direct reports are not meeting goals or performance expectations in collaboration with Senior Program Manager and/or Senior Operations Manager and Human Resources
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Role Specific Responsibilities:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated experience managing people and leading teams with a diverse level of work experience.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with employees, stakeholders and external parties.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to flex communication style to communicate effectively with employees, peers, management, customers, and stakeholders.
· Attention to detail with a logical, analytical approach to work tasks. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify alternative solutions for challenging issues.
· Strong organizational, time management and planning skills. Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
· Ability to take initiative, be proactive, work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions as needed
· Demonstrated experience in developing new and improving existing work processes. Able to collaborate on, test, and implement system and process changes to meet new program requirements and improve existing processes.
· Ability to document new and existing processes clearly and accurately. Ability to explain work processes and process changes to others.
· Required working knowledge of project management principles, managing grant agreements and government contracts.
· Demonstrated success in customer service; ability to promote quality customer service practices on the Operations team.
· Understanding of data security best practices.
· Demonstrated high-level of abilities of various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Fluent with MS Office 2010 Suite.
· Experience managing consumer incentive projects
· Experience with Salesforce.com CRM platform or other relevant CRM platforms
· Experience with advanced technology market transformation programs
· Familiarity with clean energy and transportation policies and landscape
· Experience in clean energy industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
· 6-8 years of related experience. Some graduate school experience may take the place of some work experience if directly relevant to essential duties and responsibilities of this position
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
· Valid California driver's license; insurable in the State of California.