|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
The Operations Manager will lead and manage direct and indirect labor supporting manufacturing of quality products in assigned facilities. In coordination with the Safety team, this individual will be responsible for driving a strong safety culture within the organization. Responsible for management of installed capital and required R&R to minimize risk of business interruption on a recurring basis. Operations Manager will be responsible for collaborating with various departments in order to:
- identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives resulting in cost structure improvements year over year.
- align capacity and production capabilities to market needs, new products and planned growth.
- align and manage labor and production assets to execute the production schedule with world class service levels.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Direct and manage supervisors, mentoring and ensuring high expectations and consistent application of accountability is maintained across the organization.
- Collaborate effectively with the supply chain team in support of SI&OP processes.
- Execute the production schedule ensuring on time performance.
- Lead direct Labor staffing levels and indirect org design to successfully manage production execution.
- Responsible to manage costs within the plant and responsibility per DLA.
- Regularly review plant financials and identify actions to be taken to address issues.
- Lead with 6S mindset to ensure our facilities are clean and organized.
- Lead efforts to ensure we are effectively managing our physical assets to reduce risk of business interruption and maximize utilization and life of the equipment.
- Lead or collaborate with facility staff to ensure our buildings are secure and maintained.
- Collaborate with the CI team and act as a site champion for improved equipment utilization and labor efficiency.
- Ensure conformance to work order and material management transactions within our ERP system. Identify and resolve issues that contribute to negative variances.
- Member of the PRP-US Operations management team.
- Maintain and Promote Fenner Precision Polymers Values and Behaviors at all times.
- Ensure the in-process and finished goods inspection processes are designed in a way to eliminate risk of quality escapes, minimize dollar value of scrap and make go/no-go criteria extremely clear for our operators.
- Support QE staff in problem solving and corrective action proposals.
- Collaborate with QA Process responsible associates to ensure compliance with ISO and other related quality processes as required.
- Collaborate with engineering team to identify and execute CI initiatives within the facility.
- Routinely review work instructions and operator guidance to ensure clarity and simplicity of instructions.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies that may have an application in our operations to improve efficiency.
- Engage with sales & product management to understand changing market needs and ensure our production processes and equipment plans are aligned to support growth and emerging needs.
- Participate in routine budgeting processes by proposing future staffing plans and capital investment requirements to enable growth.
- Research, identify and evaluate companies possessing new materials or technologies that Fenner may seek to acquire or initiate an alliance with.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Hire, direct and provide performance feedback to direct reports.
- Establish an environment which motivates and engages talent in the organization to achieve desired results.
- Coach and provide mentoring for direct reports and other key staff.
- Create an environment which supports the ongoing training and development of all staff.
- Communicate regularly and effectively to the staff via 1:1, Regular posted communication, KPI's, town halls, ensuring organization focus, and clear understanding of objectives.
- Continuously review and adapt organization design to maximize performance of the team and encourage individual development.
Environmental, Health & Safety Accountabilities: (The level of safety accountability needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
- Collaborate with HSE director to ensure operations are compliant with all safety & environmental requirements
- Drive safety culture with pro-active hazard identification
- Ensure we are executing and completing our annual safety management plan
- Lead safety committee activity within the responsible operations
- Take personal responsibility for keeping yourself, co-workers and visitors free from injury by participating in and/or conducting risk assessments, workplace inspections, corrective actions and safety observations
- Reinforce safety margins through active participation in incident investigations, corrective actions managed shift changes, toolbox talks, pre-tasking, STOP WORK, and task scanning.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion and keep equipment in proper working condition.
Education and/or Relative Experience: (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
- BS degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 15 years of progressively responsible work experience with last 10 being in operations leadership roles.
- Experience using ERP systems and understanding of work order flow and material management transactions in a manufacturing environment.
- Intimately familiar with developing and improving processes.
- Proven track record of leading successful teams focused on operational excellence.
- Results orientation; high levels of personal initiative, energy and ownership for success.
- Inquisitive mind; actively keeps abreast of new and developing technologies inside and outside of the industry.
- Strong business acumen and deep expertise in operations management.
- Strong team leadership and team facilitation skills; ability to work well across teams and in a matrix organization.
- Strong service ethic; understands and embraces service relationship with internal and external customers; highly collaborative work style.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work equally well with peers, superiors, and subordinates.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative business solutions; good judgment and decision-making process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)