|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
NRTC Broadband Solutions is looking for OSP Managers to join our growing team . The NRTC Broadband Solutions OSP Inspector is responsible for ensuring that units placed by contractors are placed and recorded accurately as according to the design plans. The position requires working outside in all types of weather (extreme cold, heat, wind).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to follow OSHA/State/Local Safety Standards
- Record daily activities in construction inspector journal
- Identify unsafe actions performed by contractor, record/report to crew Supervisor
- Provide guidance on engineered construction prints
- Generate As-Built records, by hand or digital format
- Identify and record deficiencies
- Effectively communicate corrective actions to subcontractor
- Effectively communicate with lessor experienced inspectors
- Review/Correct traffic control patterns, signs, flagmen
- Understanding of required PPE
- Record units placed
- Record deviations from engineered plans
- Record pertinent notes as related to construction events
- Recognize, record and report deficiencies to construction supervisor
- Inspection of deficiencies reported to be complete
- Subcontractor Communication
- Communicate verbally and in writing, necessary corrective actions and provide potential resolutions to avoid similar situations in the future
- Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Generally, 1-3 related years of experience
- Specialized training includes construction experience or OSP engineering
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office & SmartSheet products
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communications skills.
- Strong command of RUS construction standards
- Above average skills in verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external customers. Ability to travel as required.
Disclaimer: The above job description summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. The order in which responsibilities, duties and skills are listed is not significant.
Powered by JazzHR