|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Urology Associates of Elkhart is seeking a full time Patient Service Representative for our busy Elkhart office. The ideal candidate will have one (1) year of medical office experience, be able to multi-task, work as a team and dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to our patients.
Urology Associates of Elkhart is seeking a Patient Care Representatives PSR provides support with the daily activities of a medical office including filing, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, registration, and patient referrals.
Essential Job Functions
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into EHR.
- Provides exemplary customer service; treats patients and coworkers with courtesy and discretion.
- Greets and directs patients, salespeople, and visitors.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate.
- Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
- Enters confidential personal health information and financial information into computerized system with a high rate of accuracy.
- Complies with federal and local laws in ensuring patient privacy.
- Collects payment from patients, applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts in the computer system, and reconciles daily cash reports.
- Reviews medical records for completeness, assembles records into standard order, and files records in designated areas according to applicable alphabetic and numeric filing systems.
- Organizes and maintains a filing system for patient charts, including generating chart numbers, filing, and pulling charts
- Minimum of 1-year medical office experience preferred
- Computer background/knowledge preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Can work independently and with a team (team-oriented)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
We offer a generous benefit package
Paid Time Off
Paid Vacation Days
401(k) after 1 year of employment
Group Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
Short & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Great family/work life balance